Anyone into comics around here?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I was just reading a good deal of Captain America comics lately and I must say I really liked the old stuff by Jack Kirby and Stan 'the man' Lee. A good number of writers I do like as well are, in no particular order, Grant Morrison, Alan Moore, Mike Carey, Steve Niles, Joe Hill, Matt Fraction and Ed Brubaker.

What are yours? Please do share.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm about six months behind but I was really digging Brian Michael Bendis on X-Men. Normally I hate Bendis but All - New X-Men was pretty ok. I haven't finished Battle of the Atom though.

Right now I'm only buying Gail Simone stuff because my backlog is so big but I was doing X - Files and Transformers (all great)

I haven't read any solid independent minis since Severed came out. Now there was a great read.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk 4

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Snyder is the real deal, and while you are at it, you could read his Batman.. Good stuff, when he writes Batman like it's a horror comic

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Ahh yeah I have the hardbacks of his Batman as well as the hardback of the big Night of the Owls crossover. I actually loved that crossover because it gave me a chance to read some of the stuff I hadn't been following at all. DC politicking is kind of :/ though. I feel like the good stuff I can just wait till it is in trade and grab it. I don't really want to buy monthlies from them anymore. Though I've still got The Movement and Batgirl.

Wicked twist at the end of the whole Owls storyline and I love how dangerously powerful they made the Talons seem. It was a heck of a read.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
On mainstream comics, I am a fan of Batman and Judge Dredd, although I prefer the older stuff like Arkham Asylum, Dark Knight Returns, The Day The Law Died, The Dark Judges, Judgment on Gotham (crossover) etc

On less mainstream stuff I like Dead World, The Walking Dead (before it became a TV series), Marshal Law and Accident Man.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2