Anchorman 2...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
To start, the first film was probably one of my favorite comedies of the last decade or so, and Will Ferrel was awesome in it. It had a charm to it, but also enough goofy, silly humor to keep from being too serious.

This sequel was not like that. It was overly stupid for starters...they essentially took every character and made them as dumb as Brick is (this was not a good move). They then took the first story, changed a few details about it and essentially created a mirror plot from the first movie.

I think the overall humor in the movie was good at times, but other times it just became WAY too forced...there are several "race" related jokes that are just unfunny (where they were trying to flirt the line of offensive and comical), and then so many parts where the characters are just too awkward and immature to stand...when they're laying on the floor talking about how their "pee pee" hurts and squealing like a girl, I'm almost ready to walk out.

This movie sucked. It wasn't really that funny, most of the time I was just waiting for it to be over. I was very disappointed and would not spend theater pricing for it.

I can't even give it one beer.

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
The first was a great movie. Haven't seen the second but I know that when you make a movie based on a comedic concept of real life, it only works once. Unless you drastically change the premise and concept of the movie and only include the characters doing something totally different than in the first movie. And that only occasionally works. It's that way in 99% of any "#2" of any comedy. I could tell by the unstoppable, brutal, no-shame promotion that it was getting (usually a sign of the studios setting aside millions of dollars because they are not that confident in the movie itself) that it wasn't going to be the great comedy that the first one was. I'm looking forward to watching it on HBO.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods