Paul Walker( fast and furious) Died

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
This.

You bite your tongue. I don't particularly care for some of the famous people who have died over the course of the past two years, but regardless of who it was, that person was still a human being who had people that loved and cared for him or her. That's what matters.

Two human lives were lost in what is one of the most inhumane ways possible. Children have to go on for the rest of their lives without a parent. Parents have to bury their sons. A wife and girlfriend have to bury their husband and boyfriend.

Then they all have to pick up the pieces and move on and it sucks. I've been there. In many ways, I'm still there. You never get over grief of losing a parent no matter how they died.

Or he could have just shut up. It's bad tact to speak ill of the dead.

No one said he had to like Paul or Roger but jesh, use some common sense and remember that these two were men with families.

I doubt he'd know common sense and tact if it walked up and pucked him in the eye.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
You know what's really a shame? The world lost a person who actually put some effort into helping others...BOTH of the gentlemen who passed that day were heavily into the non-profit Reach Out Worldwide. I mean putting aside an actor who entertained us, or a race car driver who entertained fans...both of these men were also charitable heavy weights, and the world truly lost some humanity with the deaths of both of them.

Take a look at the charity...It's actually pretty awesome, especially given the kinds of supporters it draws in. You've got people who already risk their lives as a CAREER (first responders of all types) who contribute time and money to this cause.

And Paul had recently completed EMT training and wanted to become licensed as a first responder. Finding out more about the things he did in his own time to help others, it's amazing.

The world didn't lose some actor. They lost a remarkable human being who happened to be an actor and used his fame to help others instead of becoming a problem child public spectacle.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
You know what's really a shame? The world lost a person who actually put some effort into helping others...BOTH of the gentlemen who passed that day were heavily into the non-profit Reach Out Worldwide. I mean putting aside an actor who entertained us, or a race car driver who entertained fans...both of these men were also charitable heavy weights, and the world truly lost some humanity with the deaths of both of them.

Take a look at the charity...It's actually pretty awesome, especially given the kinds of supporters it draws in. You've got people who already risk their lives as a CAREER (first responders of all types) who contribute time and money to this cause.

Amen brother! He was a true humanitarian. Acting wasn't his 1st love, helping others and making the World a better place for those who follow us was his.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
And Paul had recently completed EMT training and wanted to become licensed as a first responder. Finding out more about the things he did in his own time to help others, it's amazing.

Has anyone mentioned the story of the Iraq war veteran? The soldier was home on furlough and about to ship back out. Paul bought a $10K engagement ring for the soldier's fiancee because the soldier couldn't afford one and he wanted his to be fiancee to have one before he went back to Iraq.

I also seem to remember several PSAs he and Vin Diesel did about street racing dangers after the first F&F movie came out. I think there are a couple of them on the DVD but I haven't watched the DVD in so long, I can't remember.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure his agent wouldn't announce it if he was alive and universal where they were filming wouldn't be delayed

Like I said. I heard rumors, but if his agent confirmed it, then I guess it's true. Or he's just alive on an island with 2pac, Michael Jackson, and Amy Winehouse.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I actually have seen all of the ones with the original cast in the theatre. They are my guilty pleasure. Not sure why but I like em. And it has nothing to do with PW dying. And it's still sad a 40 year old man is dead and his daughter lost her dad. What can I say, I have am eclectic taste in movies.

Some attitudes in this thread make me cringe.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
OMG Paul Walker died, quick better pretend we loved the Fast & Furious movies!

You act as though the F&F franchise wasn't popular prior to Paul Walker's passing. It's grossed over 2 billion dollars world wide. More than the "Alien" film franchise. More than the American Pie franchise. More than the Die Hard franchise. More than the Indiana Jones franchise. More than the Matrix franchise. I could go on and on and on. Wether you like them or not, the movies have been wildly popular... and rank right up there with the real juggernaut franchises like Star Wars and Star Trek, The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Batman, James Bond, and the Pirates of the Caribbean.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I actually have seen all of the ones with the original cast in the theatre. They are my guilty pleasure.

Mine too

Not sure why but I like em. And it has nothing to do with PW dying. And it's still sad a 40 year old man is dead and his daughter lost her dad. What can I say, I have am eclectic taste in movies.

Some attitudes in this thread make me cringe.

Some make me want to vomit as well. Two human beings are dead. Children lost their fathers. Families are broken up. Lives are shattered.

Yes. I know what that's like and it sucks just the same whether your father was a famous actor who died in a car crash or a railroad engineer who died from complications due to cancer.

And I tried the Matrix franchise. I hated them. Aliens was okay, but I got bored with it. F&F franchise is one of a handful of franchises I like and actually follow.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Me and my brother are members at a local private race track called Atlanta Motorsports Park (he's also a corner marshall for racing events there) and this past weekend they had a Paul Walker Memorial Cruise to raise money for his charity and also had the Toys for Tots toy drive there to pull double duty. It was an awesome turn out, and we snagged some pics from their feed (we were in the cruise and they don't allow cell phones on the track itself, so no pics from me unfortunately!)

E852t2k.jpg

LMgpxG5.jpg

Kb8g805.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods