Once Upon A Time SHOCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

While I'm not going to spoil it for anyone, there was quite a shocking revelation on last night's Once Upon a Time. If you think you are prepared for anything THINK again!!!!!! That's all I'm going to say. If you have stopped watching start again, catch up you will be glad you did! I was a couple episodes behind, so I did a mini marathon yesterday. I watched the 2 episodes I had on my DVR while the new one was recording THEN I watch the new one and THEN I just sat there for a while in stunned silence as the closing credit ran!

And now we have to wait 2 weeks!!!!!!! At least revolution is being shown this week THANK GOD!!!!!!!

kona314

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I used to be into this, but fizzled out toward the beginning of the season. Lost interest, it just became pretty meh. My family still watches it, and I've heard it's gotten pretty good lately...

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Is this a show that one needs to see from the beginning to understand? I've never heard of it before, so would I need to watch the older episodes on Netflix first to understand the newer episodes?

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Is this a show that one needs to see from the beginning to understand? I've never heard of it before, so would I need to watch the older episodes on Netflix first to understand the newer episodes?

Yes kind of, while there is a component of most shows that sorta stands alone there is a greater story that is told in arcs, and most of season 3 is a MAJOR arc! What is real cool is how they weave in the back story of the characters during each show with flashbacks. Yes I highly recommend watching previous episodes.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, too many fairy tales all jumbled up together & interwoven. You really need a score card to follow along. When did Snow White ever go to Neverland? I'll stick with NCIS, and Person of Interest.:p

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes kind of, while there is a component of most shows that sorta stands alone there is a greater story that is told in arcs, and most of season 3 is a MAJOR arc! What is real cool is how they weave in the back story of the characters during each show with flashbacks. Yes I highly recommend watching previous episodes.

What are these arcs?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Sorry PK, i just can't wrap my head around that show. Maybe i'll wait for the 7 dwarves to board the Death Star. Please enjoy the show, and remember...The Force will be with you, always.:p

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I've been following the show thanks to my wife. Haven't kept up with Season 3 yet (we don't have cable or satellite..."cut the cord" as it were), so I'll have to catch it on streaming or something.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I'll let you know if I like it once I watch the beginning of it. It sounds weird enough that it might be good. Is it supposed to be a spoof or parody of fairy tales?

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I'll let you know if I like it once I watch the beginning of it. It sounds weird enough that it might be good. Is it supposed to be a spoof or parody of fairy tales?

No. It's fairy tale characters who...never mind, i can't explain it. My wife watches the show, and that's when i'm glad that we have two televisions. Give it a try. You may enjoy it.:p

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
No. It's fairy tale characters who...never mind, i can't explain it. My wife watches the show, and that's when i'm glad that we have two televisions. Give it a try. You may enjoy it.:p
I just looked it up on WIkipedia. No, I'm not going to check it out. It sounds like a sappy soap opera. If it really were a comedy, I'd probably check it out.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I just looked it up on WIkipedia. No, I'm not going to check it out. It sounds like a sappy soap opera. If it really were a comedy, I'd probably check it out.

Not soap opera at all, drama for sure with elements of comedy, but it's a drama for sure, a quirky drama. Think Twin Peaks, meets Firefly, meets Fringe, meets Lost. (The creators of Lost, are responsible for it)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Not soap opera at all, drama for sure with elements of comedy, but it's a drama for sure, a quirky drama. Think Twin Peaks, meets Firefly, meets Fringe, meets Lost. (The creators of Lost, are responsible for it)

I actually find it really soap-opera like lately...was a big fan early on, especially with the LOST connection, but it has become a predictable melodrama. With LOST one never knew if a favorite character might live or die, while Once has devolved into the type of show where every scenario is "life or death" but always resolves with nobody hurt on either side. It's like The A-Team meets Falcon Crest now.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I actually find it really soap-opera like lately...was a big fan early on, especially with the LOST connection, but it has become a predictable melodrama. With LOST one never knew if a favorite character might live or die, while Once has devolved into the type of show where every scenario is "life or death" but always resolves with nobody hurt on either side. It's like The A-Team meets Falcon Crest now.
I never liked A-Team, because it was so absurd. It was just nonsensical that hundreds of rounds got fired, but nobody ever got shot. The cars rolling over multiple times, yet the drivers and passengers getting out and running was dumb too. I'm just too logically minded to tolerate something that far-fetched.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually behind on the show. I haven't watched it for quite some time, but I did and do like the show. Still, for those who have never watched it, I do recommend that you start with Season 1 via Netflix. I initially thought it would be something stupid and weird, but it is a darn good show that uses the characters in a way that I had never anticipated.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative