The Blacklist

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
He's her dad...gotta be. Calling it now.

Definitely possible, even likely, BUT there is SO much they can do with it still. Why did he turn to crime, why did he leave her and the mother? Why is everyone keeping it secret? And who is in on it? Obviously someone has a deep cover spy watching her (the fiancee), who is it, CIA, SS, Homeland, or another gov't? MI6 maybe, Interpol, Russian? There is still so much to unfold, they got me interested!

Tre Lawrence

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Not a bad show; I am getting tired of the the over-used damsel in distress trope LOL.

It'll be tough to retain the edge, and hopefully the relationship angle is not overdone.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
There's no hook to this show except for the painfully obvious Red being Keen's father that is keeping me interested.
Like Alias watching Sydney every week working as a double agent for the CIA at SD-6 for that sinister Arvin Sloane (now that was a villain) and the unbearable situation of having to lie to her friends.
24 my favorite show got me hooked in the first 2 episodes following Jack through a hellish day trying to figure out who wants President Palmer dead and which of his coworkers is a mole all in the course of 24 hours!
Battlestar Galactica entire human race being annihilated with the exception of 36K survivors by the colons they created who look human now!
These are the awesome things that hooked me onto these shows Blacklist has nothing even close to any that it's just a lame procedural with a B-Villain at most and no sense of direction with its story.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Not sure who's still keeping up with this show but it's getting REALLY REALLY good...it just ended for the mid-season break, but man, you get some really juicy details in the 2 part finale episodes. I'm really starting to think that he's not actually her dad, but perhaps a close family friend...and it seems now that his agenda (while working with the FBI and CIA) is much more self serving, given the details about a woman (presumably his daughter?) when he was given access to the DHS criminal data base.

I'm really loving it. Spader is playing an excellent anti-hero!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The last two episodes have been quite awesome! Hopefully you guys are caught up, if not, don't keep reading...

So now that she knows her husband is bad, it's going to be pretty interesting seeing their interaction with each other day to day...from the pace of this show, I can't imagine this lasting too long, and I honestly see Spader killing him off to protect her and then ultimately revealing who he actually is (I still want to say her dad, but given how obvious they are making that seem, I'd like to think that they assume we're decently intelligent and they'll go another way with it showing he is not, in fact, her dad).

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
This hasn't come to the UK yet (I think).

You guys have so many cool TV shows that never make the jump over the pond, or if they do, it is to very minor success. The Newsroom for instance, which I thought was absolutely epic, did show over here but was buried amongst everything else and got hardly any other coverage.

I can't wait to move to LA and get stuck into the castings for some of these shows of yours, you lucky people. :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The last two episodes have been quite awesome! Hopefully you guys are caught up, if not, don't keep reading...

So now that she knows her husband is bad, it's going to be pretty interesting seeing their interaction with each other day to day...from the pace of this show, I can't imagine this lasting too long, and I honestly see Spader killing him off to protect her and then ultimately revealing who he actually is (I still want to say her dad, but given how obvious they are making that seem, I'd like to think that they assume we're decently intelligent and they'll go another way with it showing he is not, in fact, her dad).
You are spot-on, sir. Heck, when she came to Spader at the end of the show after discovering that toy in the on-screen photo, I thought she would either figure out that Spader was her dad or that he was going to tell her while she was listening to that music box audio that she recalled hearing as a child. They are definitely keeping us all in suspense.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have just found this on the USA iTunes. Being that I have a US iTunes account on my US address and credit card because I spend so much time out in LA, I think my weekend schedule just got cleared.

*cough* I can feel a cold coming on... best stay indoors and watch TV... *cough* :D

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have just found this on the USA iTunes. Being that I have a US iTunes account on my US address and credit card because I spend so much time out in LA, I think my weekend schedule just got cleared.

*cough* I can feel a cold coming on... best stay indoors and watch TV... *cough* :D

Warning....You will be hooked on the show...:)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Such an awesome show...you won't regret checking it out. Spader is a BOSS!

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Just watched the first two episodes... What can i say?

WOW! I just love how ruthless and self-serving Spader is in this. This is perhaps the best thing I have ever seen him in, and he's been in some great stuff over the years. Just incredible!

Honestly, THIS sort of show is the reason I became an actor. In both the the UK and the USA, I either play cops, soldiers or criminals on TV or in movies. I would absolutely love to be in this show.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
So one adrenaline-fuelled (and highly caffeinated) Friday and Saturday later, I am now caught up to the last episode available on iTunes (Ivan No.88). I'm not sure if this is the latest one and i'm loathe to read through this thread in case I see any spoilers.

Am I at the same place as you guys now?

I'm totally blown away by this. That is some darn good TV right there. James Spader has been perfectly cast as this nasty self-serving SOAB and there have been some great moments when i've wanted him to push things down a darker route... and he has.

I'm totally hooked on this now and will be watching iTunes for the next one to become available.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The most recent episode was kind of a drag...but the end was where the meat of the story really came into play.

So it doesn't spoil it for you, I will just say that Elizabeth sees something in the trash and it pretty much sets the stage for some pretty eventful happenings to come.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
The most recent episode was kind of a drag...but the end was where the meat of the story really came into play.

So it doesn't spoil it for you, I will just say that Elizabeth sees something in the trash and it pretty much sets the stage for some pretty eventful happenings to come.

Aha, good, then i'm caught up.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Last night's episode was great! Her "husband" is a total do*che bag!

I recorded it last night and just finished watching it...literally. That was a excellent episode, but next week's episode might prove to be even better. I can't wait to find out what that photo or document that Lizzy took out that envelope contained.