Jobs movie reviews

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
If you've seen Ashton Kutcher's Jobs movie, leave a review here and we'll round them up and post some of the best bits on the home page! Yup, it's iMore community review time!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I usually write a pretty lengthy review for the films me and my wife see, but this time I'm going to be short and sweet (because the next 5 words perfectly surmise my thoughts on it)...

This movie was absolutely terrible.

The acting was horrific, the story was some weird "super hero" like telling of a story that could have been epic if they had just made it interesting instead of trying to make it so dramatic. Half way through the film, i found myself wondering how the producers could have possibly thought someone would walk away from the experience feeling satisfied. Words like travesty come to mind...a COMPLETE waste of time.

What a shame.

madeinhb

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The movie is a collection of moments, with no particular aim, no attempt to really explain the man, even reductively. Was a collection of greatest hits.

FinancialP

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Pro tip.

Movies that open/lead Sundance(film festival) are great movies, worth your time.

However movies that close Sundance are usually terrible and not worth your time.

This film closed Sundance.

Also there will be another Jobs movie based on the book. This movie has better writers and is due out next year. The top writer is Sorkin(I totally butchered that spelling).

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There was an article I saw on reddit that I think hit the nail on the head when it comes to perfectly simple reviews of this movie...

"The film "Jobs" is the quintessential "Steve Jobs for Dummies" book. Enough content to inform anyone watching, but not enough to call it "accurate".

I whole heartedly agree.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I was really look forward to seeing this movie now not sure if i should wait to rent it

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I was really look forward to seeing this movie now not sure if i should wait to rent it

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Not going to waste my time going to the theatre... might rent it, not sure...

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I heard that it doesn't even show the keynotes of the ipad, iphone or ipod touch, neither does it talk about his last days?
I would have liked it if it went deep in to the last of his days showing how the iphone 4 was born and how he passed the torch to tim cook.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I was a fan of Jobs and loved Apple but lets get real, this movie should never have been meant for theater. I won't waste my time. I read his book. That was satisfying enough for me.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I was a fan of Jobs and loved Apple but lets get real, this movie should never have been meant for theater. I won't waste my time. I read his book. That was satisfying enough for me.

It was a typical money grab, trying to cash in on the passing of Mr Jobs. Unfortunately, way too many problems with the film, the production, etc... this one should be a poster child for "screwing the pooch".

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Shame they got so many parts wrong... Make it true or make nothing at all. And Keep it real.... Guessing that is tough these days in movies....... SMH

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Good or bad, accurate or inaccurate... I'm looking forward to catching this movie... if for nothing else, to compare my knowledge of Jobs vs. the reality depicted on-screen. I just hope I don't come out of the theatre angry.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Good or bad, accurate or inaccurate... I'm looking forward to catching this movie... if for nothing else, to compare my knowledge of Jobs vs. the reality depicted on-screen. I just hope I don't come out of the theatre angry.

What's depicted on screen is not reality... :D

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Seeing the movie posters of Ashton Kutcher sitting on that desk supposedly Steve Jobs
was enough for me not wanting to go watch it. I don't buy him as Steve Jobs at all. I pro-
bably already felt negative about it because I don't like Ashton Kutcher as an actor at all.
AT ALL. I think he's really, really bad. These reviews don't surprise me in the least. I'll
wait to get it on Redbox for a buck.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods