Breaking Bad...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I can't believe there's not already a Breaking Bad thread.

That said...just finished season premier and my only words are HOLY SH*T! When he said "Tread lightly.", I nearly lost it! :laughing:

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but does anyone else watch it?

madeinhb

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

That said...just finished season premier and my only words are HOLY SH*T! When he said "Tread lightly.", I nearly lost it! :laughing:

I can't get into this show. I've tried 3 times now.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
The minute Hank started closing the garage door I thought "uh oh". That entire last sequence was a long time coming and tense as hell. And Walt going Heisenberg on his own family? He's too far gone now.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The minute Hank started closing the garage door I thought "uh oh". That entire last sequence was a long time coming and tense as hell. And Walt going Heisenberg on his own family? He's too far gone now.
Was very surprised to see Hank confront him about it in the first episode. I love how they wrote that scene
to just dive into it and be direct. Evidenced by when Walt just straight brought out the GPS device.

I think the reason that Carol (the neighbor) dropped her grocery bags when Walt said hello was not because
she was scared. It's probably because everyone was under the belief that Walt is dead. Seeing Heisenberg
spraypainted on the wall didn't necessarily mean to me that the whole neighborhood figured him out. Maybe
it was just someone close to him. I think he's going to kill himself. Having that M-60 is to defend himself against
an entire group of people. Maybe to save someone and use the ricin to kill himself.

I also couldn't help but notice how much Walt mirrored Gus Fring. The way he was working at the car wash. All
courteous and pleasant. Just like Gus was at Los Pollos Hermanos. Even the way Gus would speak to Walt when
Walt would come talk to him at the restaurant. He did that with Lidia.

I'm also surprised that in the reviews I've read today that nobody has mentioned Declan. The guy from Arizona that
Heisenberg struck a deal with.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Someone at Television without Pity pointed out that every time Walt kills someone he takes on a characteristic of them.

Walt kills Crazy 8 and starts eating his sandwiches cut the same specific way as he asked for.

Walt kills Mike and starts drinking his drinks like Mike did.

Walt, when he threw up last night from chemo, folded up a towel and put it on the floor to cushion his knees like Gus did when he revenge poisoned everyone at the pool party (Gus forced himself to throw up the poison he drank to prove it wasnt poisoned).

Tippy tapped from my iPhone 5, from me to you.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The last three posts in this thread just blew my mind...lol. Seriously, I didn't even think about Walt taking on the various characteristics of the people he killed, but it's so blatantly obvious it can't be simple coincidence.

And yes, I absolutely loved the fact that they dived head on into the confrontation between Hank and Walt...I seriously didn't expect that in the first episode, and when it happened me and my wife were both floored, because they could have dragged that out (like most shows would have) through half this final season, but BAM, you get this ultimate show down right off the start, and that makes me fearful for Walt's safety, because Hank isn't one to simply sit back and let him do that, he's going to come full force after him now to protect everyone, including Walt's kids who he's obviously taken a fatherly love for now.

It's going to be one hell of a ride this season if this episode is any indication.

I have a feeling Hank will kill Jesse, Walt will kill Hank, Skyler will end up being killed by a competing drug cartel (maybe the guys who were trying to buy the methlanol from Mike and Jesse)...and in the end, Walt will be left alone (his kids will end up with Skyler's sister, i can never remember her name), and I agree with the comment above, suicide almost seems fitting to the direction of the story.

Those are just my theories.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The notion is that when Walt is now Mr. Lambert and sitting in that Denny's the assumption
is that it's his 52nd birthday which makes the story exactly two years old. Even shows the
waitress his New Hampshire ID to prove it's his birthday. So from the point we're at now that
would make the flash forwards six months after Hank finds out. Here are my questions:

If Walt used Saul's guy that could change his identity and all then why would he make a new
identity with exactly the same birthday? Just because he's making out the 52 with the bacon
doesn't mean it's really his birthday. Maybe the ID has a birthday of another date and he's
making out the 52 anyway. I'm not convinced that this is only six months after the fact. I
love this freaking show.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I like that Vince Gilligan isn't going to drag the series like you would typically see. I don't know how long you could really milk a story like this. It's perfect to me.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
The thing is that I started out really feeling badly for Walt and now he's so far gone I can't feel that way anymore. Started out thinking Jesse was a strung out ***** and now I'm rooting for him.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The crossover of character traits has been very awesome between Jesse and Walt...the moral and ethical trade off between the two of them was one of the best contrasting character arcs I've ever seen.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The thing is that I started out really feeling badly for Walt and now he's so far gone I can't feel that way anymore. Started out thinking Jesse was a strung out ***** and now I'm rooting for him.

The show basically puts you in a dilemma of when you get off the Walter White bandwagon and stop rooting for him. When I watched him in that scene with Hank I felt like his threat to him was one of sorrow and Hank's words to him weren't anger. Just utter sadness and disappointment. Yet, watching that scene, I still want Walt to get away with it.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

Walt and Hank in Garage > Red Wedding.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods