You know, this show taught me something last night. Even though we haven't gotten to the last episode, this is what I get: Walter White died once he had that fallout with those people at Gray Matter. That really was his life's work. That conceived Heisenberg. And then Heisenberg was born once he was diagnosed with cancer. Remember when that flashback in that episode during season 1 when Walt was writing formulas and such on a chalkboard and his then-girlfriend Gretchen was there. And they shared a moment. That's when Gray Matter was about to become on the up. That was the life Walt was supposed to have. Then whatever fallout arised after that ruined all that. Walt always carried that with him. The way he mentioned to Jesse in that episode earlier in the season how he checks Gray Matter's stock every week. The guy was obviously defeated. Sitting in that bar waiting for police to pick him up after that phone call. Having had absolutely NOTHING to show for anything that he did. All this and nothing. And for those people to come on TV and deny that Walt had anything to do with the company's success. It was Walt. And even worse that company may have been what contributed to Walt's cancer. All that work around all those chemicals. And nothing to show for it and then to have that slap in the face. I just loved how the Breaking Bad theme started up at the end of that episode and Walt showed that little of life that he had left. That was by far my most favorite scene of Walt. It was sort of a Heisenberg 2.0
    Perfect way to put it.

The M60 is for Uncle Jack, stole Walt's money. The ricin is for Elliot, stole Walt's life. He will show them...

However, I don't think it's going to go down like that. At this point I can't even come up with a plausible way it might go down. Time to sit back and watch.
    09-23-2013 07:05 PM
    Four more days. K, bye.
    09-25-2013 10:39 AM
    Spoiler.... Walter dies in an ER while filling out Obamacare paperwork....
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    09-25-2013 10:41 AM
    You know, this show taught me something last night. Even though we haven't gotten to the last episode, this is what I get: Walter White died once he had that fallout with those people at Gray Matter. That really was his life's work. That conceived Heisenberg. And then Heisenberg was born once he was diagnosed with cancer. Remember when that flashback in that episode during season 1 when Walt was writing formulas and such on a chalkboard and his then-girlfriend Gretchen was there. And they shared a moment. That's when Gray Matter was about to become on the up. That was the life Walt was supposed to have. Then whatever fallout arised after that ruined all that. Walt always carried that with him. The way he mentioned to Jesse in that episode earlier in the season how he checks Gray Matter's stock every week. The guy was obviously defeated. Sitting in that bar waiting for police to pick him up after that phone call. Having had absolutely NOTHING to show for anything that he did. All this and nothing. And for those people to come on TV and deny that Walt had anything to do with the company's success. It was Walt. And even worse that company may have been what contributed to Walt's cancer. All that work around all those chemicals. And nothing to show for it and then to have that slap in the face. I just loved how the Breaking Bad theme started up at the end of that episode and Walt showed that little of life that he had left. That was by far my most favorite scene of Walt. It was sort of a Heisenberg 2.0
    This is an excellent post, and I agree 110%. Walt is a loyal person, but he was screwed over so many times over his life. I feel Heisenberg was CREATED by everyone in his life.
    09-25-2013 10:59 AM
    Alternate ending:
    Walter dies of cancer because he isn't covered by insurance because the GOP blocked funding and tried to vote it down again for the 153th time instead of actually helping the people of their state - instead they protect powerful money interests at everyone else's expense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    09-25-2013 11:05 AM
    Almost time....
    09-29-2013 08:10 PM
    My guess is he somehow finds out that Lydia wanted Skyler killed and the ricin goes in her tea.
    Yup.
    09-30-2013 12:25 AM
    Flawless.

It was incredible. Satisfying, perfect and amazing. I think that was the best ending to a show I have ever seen, combined with the fact that it might BE the best show I've ever seen.

Just awesome...awesome awesome awesome.
    cwbcpa, lisainsf, nyry and 1 others like this.
    09-30-2013 02:11 AM
    Flawless.

It was incredible. Satisfying, perfect and amazing. I think that was the best ending to a show I have ever seen, combined with the fact that it might BE the best show I've ever seen.

Yeah. No complaints here about the finale. Glad Jesse got away. Had to happen that way. And happy that Walt got to see his family one last time.
    09-30-2013 09:02 AM
    Best finale since Six Feet Under.

I ended back on Team Walt. I'm glad he went out on his terms protecting Jesse and his family and not having the cancer kill him.
    09-30-2013 10:00 AM
    Best finale since Six Feet Under.

I ended back on Team Walt. I'm glad he went out on his terms protecting Jesse and his family and not having the cancer kill him.
    He wasn't really looking to protect Jesse until he saw that he was actually being held to cook under duress. Was nice that in a moment he wanted to kill every single one of them including Jesse and then protect Jesse after seeing what he's endured. Also no coincidence that Jesse goes driving off like that with his "Need For Speed" movie coming out in the Spring. Everything was fitting.
    reeneebob likes this.
    09-30-2013 10:16 AM
    Incredible ending. That's how you end a TV series the right way.

Was very happy to get see Badger and Skinny Pete one last time too. Awesome way to use them.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    09-30-2013 10:56 AM
    @Heisenberg, no relation between Breaking Bad and Need for Speed movie. Why would there be?

The car looked like the one Jessie tried to buy from Badger's uncle back in season 2 and then instead bought his red toyota instead.
    09-30-2013 12:31 PM
    @Heisenberg, no relation between Breaking Bad and Need for Speed movie. Why would there be?

The car looked like the one Jessie tried to buy from Badger's uncle back in season 2 and then instead bought his red toyota instead.
    I don't mean it in the sense that it was put it in place on purpose. I just thought it was fitting that he's sitting behind the wheel of a souped up car knowing that that movie is next on the horizon.
    09-30-2013 01:58 PM
    The lesson is - always check the trunk!

John Yester and iOSnewbie like this.
    09-30-2013 10:53 PM
    The lesson is - always check the trunk!

That trunk was awesome setup!!!!
    09-30-2013 11:21 PM
    Flawless.

Couldn't agree more!!! Just binged watched the entire series in 2 weeks. Don't know how I never watched this during its run. Literally the best show I have ever seen. Amazing in every way! Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul were incredible and are just about guaranteed Emmy wins next year. Hell of a show!
    10-28-2013 09:59 PM
    Ok I'm gonna watch it this weekend! Netflix marathon time!!!!!!!
    11-05-2013 03:53 PM
    Ok I'm gonna watch it this weekend! Netflix marathon time!!!!!!!
    You won't be disappointed!!
    11-05-2013 05:23 PM
    Catching up on Breaking Bad on Netflix after 3 years of not being able to catch it. Got Season 5 waiting for me on DVR.
    02-19-2014 05:35 PM
    Catching up on Breaking Bad on Netflix after 3 years of not being able to catch it. Got Season 5 waiting for me on DVR.
    So much awesome in store for you. Seriously...NOTHING on TV comes close to this TV show right now. I'm really hoping something does eventually, but man, it's going to take a lot.
    02-19-2014 07:39 PM
    Episode 1 Season 4 Box Cutter. That was incredible.
    02-19-2014 07:43 PM
    Sets the mood for Fring's character for the rest of the season...a massive warning and a massive forgiveness in one, quick slice (LOL!).
    02-19-2014 08:40 PM
    So much awesome in store for you. Seriously...NOTHING on TV comes close to this TV show right now. I'm really hoping something does eventually, but man, it's going to take a lot.
    Yeah, BB is the best show I've ever seen, BUT I've just started watching House of Cards and that show is pretty damned good!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app
    02-19-2014 08:44 PM
    Yea Amazing Television.
    02-19-2014 08:45 PM
109 ... 2345