This was a "good" Pixar movie, but certainly not one of the "classics". Lately, I've noticed this with their movies, they'll release one just all time great Disney classic, and then a couple of "Meh, that was entertaining" kind of deals.

Maybe it's the fact it's a pre-equel (sequel).

Maybe it's the fact that it didn't really introduce anything new to the franchise.

Or maybe...Pixar has lost it's way with original content. Toy Story had three films, and was able to bring three very fresh and new products to the table each time, but Monster's U wasn't on that level. It was a great story, it had a good meaning behind it, and in the end, it's a solid film, especially for kids. The back story to the characters was good, the movie was pretty funny and had some pretty great sequences in it that were memorable, but over all, I left kind of take it or leave it, and my niece, who usually goes crazy after these movies and wants toys related or something was just like "Cool movie...next."

It just isn't going to be a classic. Maybe we were spoiled for so long with just absolute blockbusters from Pixar...lately, it's just been more "run of the mill".
    07-01-2013 09:02 AM
    My youngest child wants to see this movie and I will probably take him at some point this week. I really don't want to see it, but a dad's gotta do what he has to...
    revtech likes this.
    07-01-2013 10:16 AM
    It's an awesome movie. In some ways, it's even better than the original. One of the best movies I've seen in years.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    07-01-2013 11:43 AM
    It's an awesome movie. In some ways, it's even better than the original. One of the best movies I've seen in years.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    To each their own i suppose...it didn't have anywhere near the magic the first one did to me.
    07-01-2013 02:33 PM