World War Z Review!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Significantly BETTER than i expected! I went into it thinking it was going to be terrible...I had no expectations of liking it, much less really enjoying it, but it certainly surprised me!

Brad Pitt was fantastic in it. The acting across the board was really quite good, and the story was very entertaining. I think my only complaint would be that it could have/should have been stretched into 2 movies at a little slower pace...this movie was going 100% from the beginning to the end, which was cool, but would have been just as good i think over two full movies.

A really surprising fact about it too is that the "fear" in the movie you get is more psychological than anything else because the movie wasn't gory at ALL, not even a little...if there was blood, it was so subtle that you would not remember it, and it made it that much more creepy, they used atmospheric fear rather than gore, which is so refreshing.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to see it Monday night good to hear that it is worth it

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

localhost8080

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I live in glasgow, and went down to watch them filming while they were here, they had replaced all the street signs, litter bins, streetlights, traffic lights, etc.
it was very weird, it actually looked like a different place!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Significantly BETTER than i expected! I went into it thinking it was going to be terrible...I had no expectations of liking it, much less really enjoying it, but it certainly surprised me!

Brad Pitt was fantastic in it. The acting across the board was really quite good, and the story was very entertaining. I think my only complaint would be that it could have/should have been stretched into 2 movies at a little slower pace...this movie was going 100% from the beginning to the end, which was cool, but would have been just as good i think over two full movies.

A really surprising fact about it too is that the "fear" in the movie you get is more psychological than anything else because the movie wasn't gory at ALL, not even a little...if there was blood, it was so subtle that you would not remember it, and it made it that much more creepy, they used atmospheric fear rather than gore, which is so refreshing.

Sean, you are hereby dubbed the "Community Movie Reviewer".....:D

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
lol...having a wife in the industry means hook ups at local theaters because she keeps them in the loop when local films are looking to have big time screenings (which means big time private money for the venue itself)...that and we both just love film. We pretty much go see something every week, even if it's just a small budget indi-film.

You can always count on a review from me though when the big ones come out.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
lol...having a wife in the industry means hook ups at local theaters because she keeps them in the loop when local films are looking to have big time screenings (which means big time private money for the venue itself)...that and we both just love film. We pretty much go see something every week, even if it's just a small budget indi-film.

You can always count on a review from me though when the big ones come out.

You lucky SOB..... 😉

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I live in glasgow, and went down to watch them filming while they were here, they had replaced all the street signs, litter bins, streetlights, traffic lights, etc.
it was very weird, it actually looked like a different place!

They made Glasgow look like Philadelphia where I live. I read that they didn't shoot here because of a tax credit issue for the production.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
They made Glasgow look like Philadelphia where I live. I read that they didn't shoot here because of a tax credit issue for the production.

I live here too. It was probably more likely that they didn't shoot here because of lack of Kevlar.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was a good movie but to me it seemed they needed to sell the outbreak more .. Like they say president is dead .. Maybe show whitehouse getting attacked or something add couple more min to movie and sell it a bit more but over all I enjoyed it

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73