Star Trek Into Darkness...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
In-freakin-credible!

It was so damn good i can't even really explain it. I'm a huge trekkie, i love all of the movies and this one couldn't have been more perfect. A few suggestions before you see it...

- Watch a few of the old films.
- Do not hesitate to see it in IMAX 3D...this one almost DEMANDS it.
- Pee before you go in, it's just amazing from the first second it starts until the last credit rolls.
- It is an EXHAUSTING movie, prepare to be physically tired after it, lol!

...getting into the story would just ruin too much right now so I'll wait until next week to talk about the details, but suffice to say, as someone who cherishes the original films, this one instantly became a favorite of mine.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I thought the last one was very good! Really looking forward to seeing this one, but it won't be until next weekend.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
In-freakin-credible!

It was so damn good i can't even really explain it. I'm a huge trekkie, i love all of the movies and this one couldn't have been more perfect. A few suggestions before you see it...

- Watch a few of the old films.
- Do not hesitate to see it in IMAX 3D...this one almost DEMANDS it.
- Pee before you go in, it's just amazing from the first second it starts until the last credit rolls.
- It is an EXHAUSTING movie, prepare to be physically tired after it, lol!

...getting into the story would just ruin too much right now so I'll wait until next week to talk about the details, but suffice to say, as someone who cherishes the original films, this one instantly became a favorite of mine.

This is the kind of review I've been looking for, thought the first movie was great. Been a trekie back to the original.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Gotta admit i had a headache after that movie. I'm not sure 3D is worth it for me.

But it was a good movie. It sparked a debate between me and some friends. Are these "nods" given to earlier star trek films really necessary? If you've seen the movie, you know what I mean. Retakes on certain classic scenes. I tend to think they take away from the movie standing on its own. It's cheap if done so much.

The new (altered) Star Trek universe has a lot of potential. I just hope they can get away from being too cute by tweaking classic scenes even down to rehashing the same memorable quotes.

The other thought I had if these two movies are prequels to the 5 year mission, then bring on the TV series. I'd love to see a 5 season star trek with the movie cast. Then go back to doing movies.

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
It was an awesome movie. Even if it was backwards. The only real next step is to have a series to expand on the new 5 year mission. The first series was the "first" 5 year mission. But if they are just going to redo all of the old episodes then never mind. They need to do the series but completely different from the first series.