SyFy's Defiance...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The show is terrible...and I'm a pretty open minded science fiction fan, and can usually give a show some time to grow on me, but this show sucks. They try too hard to push their whole world on you right from the get go, they use their own language in a very forced way and instead of being catchy and unique (like Battlestar and Firefly did), it's cheesy and annoying.

I wanted to like this show, i wanted a new sci-fi tv show to enjoy over the summer. At least to me, it appears it's a one and done scenario.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have yet to watch it, one thing is for certain, "Fringe" is outstanding! Me & my oldest son are watching it via Netflix as if we're watching soap operas...(laughing). We're coming up on the conclusion of season 2 and we'll immediately begin watching season 3 afterwards. Now back to "Defiance", I will check out a show or two and then post back with my thoughts. C-ya!

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Once the show starts to show more history of events it might get more interesting. Right now the focus is on character introductions. I'll give it a few more watches before it goes the way of Dresden Files.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
It's no Fringe that's for sure, but I like it. Actually what I like even more is a show on TNT called Falling Skies, now THAT is a good show!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The only thing I really dislike at this point is the way they shove in graphics from the video game. It's like watching a show against a background of a really loud advertisement.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's no Fringe that's for sure, but I like it. Actually what I like even more is a show on TNT called Falling Skies, now THAT is a good show!

I really enjoy Falling Skies, it's like The Walking Dead but with aliens (albeit a tad cheesier, lol).

So i watched the first 4 episodes of Defiance and I'm officially done. I could never get over my initial issues with it, and the story just isn't capturing my attention...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh