Any Fringe fans out there?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
With 3 episodes left before the series finale this is a bit late, but i figured I'd see who else is a fan!

I love this show, and have since the first episode premiered. I was a huge fan of Lost, and seeing most of the writers and producers return for Fringe, i knew it was going to be an awesome ride (not to mention JJ Abrams really has a knack for sci-fi). It has been a really interesting show so far, echoing X-Files throughout most of it, but settling into a very unique story of its own in the last few seasons...and it really seems to be building to a great climatic end.

I love the characters in the show and will really miss them when it's gone. Walter honestly is one of the best science fiction characters i can remember in any show I've seen...he has the mad scientist appeal with an innocence that makes him dynamic...it's amazing to watch him trip acid on the show and bumble around in investigations and then completely turn around and be one of the most serious actors in the group.

If you've never watched it and you're a sci-fi fan, i HIGHLY recommend it. If you watched it at first and lost interest...give it another shot, the last couple of seasons have been the best of the bunch!

Retconaddict

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely love it. Didn't get into it until half way through season 3 (borrowed the first season box set from my mum as she recommended it, and somehow watched it all in 2 days). I'd say its my joint favourite show along with doctor who, and it's one of the rare shows that hasn't degraded in quality as time went on. So good.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Love the show! I am a few episodes behind on my DVR- want to watch sparingly since there are only a few left. Very bummed they are ending it. I will say I dont love this season so much so far- I miss the good old days where they tackle an attack an episode...

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I am so sad that a) we have to wait another 2.5 weeks for another episode and b) there are only 3 episodes left. Absolutely love this show.

That being said, I'll share my Fringe fanatic son's theory on the outcome. I'll spare you the conversation that led up to it, but it got me laughing so hard I had to share.

"I think Olivia is pointless to the outcome of this story. It's all about that cow in the lab. Queen of the observers. Boom - nailed it. You're welcome Fringe fans."

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I am so sad that a) we have to wait another 2.5 weeks for another episode and b) there are only 3 episodes left. Absolutely love this show.

That being said, I'll share my Fringe fanatic son's theory on the outcome. I'll spare you the conversation that led up to it, but it got me laughing so hard I had to share.

"I think Olivia is pointless to the outcome of this story. It's all about that cow in the lab. Queen of the observers. Boom - nailed it. You're welcome Fringe fans."

That is fantastic! LOL! That poor cow has seen too much of Walters experiments to come out of this unscathed!

I just hope they end it well...LOST was such a let down (to me) as far as ending goes, and i honestly think it's because they tried to keep it going for too long and then were FORCED to end it. From what i understand, the writers for Fringe knew how it was going to end right when it first started, and simply wrote in the story between the two points (beginning and end)...i also heard at one time that FOX (after the Friday ratings sky rocketed 2 seasons ago or whenever it was) that they offered more time to them, but they turned it down wanting to finish the project before it wore out it's welcome.

Retconaddict

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Just as long as we get Gene back!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
They have definitely been working towards the ending from the start, and have given us little clues along the way. I appreciate closure, and feel that when a show has been on for a considerable length of time, they owe it to the viewers.

I was mostly satisfied with the Lost finale, but they just didn't have anywhere else to go. Then again (being old), I will measure all series finales to Mash.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
That is fantastic! LOL! That poor cow has seen too much of Walters experiments to come out of this unscathed!

I just hope they end it well...LOST was such a let down (to me) as far as ending goes, and i honestly think it's because they tried to keep it going for too long and then were FORCED to end it. From what i understand, the writers for Fringe knew how it was going to end right when it first started, and simply wrote in the story between the two points (beginning and end)...i also heard at one time that FOX (after the Friday ratings sky rocketed 2 seasons ago or whenever it was) that they offered more time to them, but they turned it down wanting to finish the project before it wore out it's welcome.

I read that they had 8 seasons of material planned but fox is forcing them to wrap it up now after 5. Its one of my favorite shows too along with his brand new one Revolution. I also like Alcatraz but apprarently i was one of the few. ;-)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I wanted to like Alcatraz. It just didn't go anywhere and was nothing but a cop show.

Loving Revolution, but I suspect it was never meant as a long-term series.

Just watched the series finale of Leverage, and if Fringe can come close to that I'll be happy. Damn, it was good!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I also love Revolution (all but the over usage of swashbuckling sword fights)...but from what i was told by my wife, the cancellation will most likely be announced pretty soon (she has a friend that is a production assistant on the show and the word was working its way down the pipe line unfortunately).

Alcatraz killed me...i wanted to love it, but Hurley was not right in the character AT ALL, he was so out of place and uncomfortable (to me anyways). Sam Neill and the lady were great, but the show (like Alli said) was really just another investigation show with a little weird sci-fi flair that had really no point. I knew it was to die like 3-4 episodes in.

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I watched the first episode of fringe years ago and stopped watching, then 2 months ago I read all these great reviews about it so I watched them all from the start and now I'm up to date and loving it. I do wonder how much Walter makes up and how much is script.
Alcatraz was great for a few episodes but then it lost it for me.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Me and my wife watched a Fringe marathon that started from the beginning on the Science Channel on new years day...within the first 3 episodes you get these very strange glimpses of Walter giving some very ominous foreshadowing...one example is in the very first episode where they bring him to the laboratory for the first time, and he starts cleaning things up and making his list for the stuff he will need, he stops in the middle of it, looks at all of the crew (Peter, Olivia and Astrid), and he goes "So many amazing things have happened in this room, and yet, there are so many more incredible things left to do before it is over." That really spoke towards the potential of this being something Walter has done before (the whole story actually in my opinion).

There was another part where he looks at Peter and goes "You have no idea the potential you have...but you will.", again, speaking towards his knowledge of what was to come.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this ends, it'll be pretty cool to see if Walter has in fact done all of this before, and his mental state is a reflection of having to watch all the good AND bad happen cyclically.

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad they are getting chance to finish it. I watched the Dead Zone last year and thought it was great, all 6 seasons before finding out it just stopped , I was so annoyed. :( They should at least make one last episode for the fans, even if it just says 'everyone lived happily ever after' :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
What an absolutely beautiful end to this amazing show. I'm not going to talk about specifics as I'm sure many have yet to watch it yet, but man oh man that was a wild ride up until the end and then such a fitting, satisfying and loyal ending to the story.

I'm truly going to miss this show and it's characters, i even got choked up about 100 times during the finale!

Awesome. Just awesome.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
What an absolutely beautiful end to this amazing show. I'm not going to talk about specifics as I'm sure many have yet to watch it yet, but man oh man that was a wild ride up until the end and then such a fitting, satisfying and loyal ending to the story.

I'm truly going to miss this show and it's characters, i even got choked up about 100 times during the finale!

Awesome. Just awesome.

Total agreement! Awesome ending to a great show!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
What am I gonna do with my Friday nights now?! <sniff>

I was thrilled with the finale. We got closure without them throwing in anything unexpected, or tying up loose ends in a way that would have cheated us. But oh man, am I ever gonna miss it!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73