The Walking Dead

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
at first i thought this was going to be just a silly zombie series but it's actually pretty good and other story lines as well

i am currently a Episode 5 Season 1 so i have a lot to make up. i am DVRing Season 3 so they will be waiting once i get out of season 2

i always tell myself that "this weekend i'm gonna watch a few" but life just gets in the way, or a really good football game lol

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Re: The Walking Dead - need to catch up!

Not sure what your point is here. Do you want us to tell you what happens so that you don't have to spend time catching up?

Cause I'd be happy to.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

no spoilers please! lol.. i actually did good this weekend. i have ONE more episode left in season 2

Carl is turning into quite the little sadistic kid!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

Let us know when you catch up. Not worth bothering with this thread when we're so far ahead of you we can't join in your conversation without correcting or spoiling for you.

meskin84

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

Well, hang in there, in some points Season 2 feels like it drags, but the last half of the season is pretty good.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

all caught up and cannot wait for Sunday night!

note: i guess the title of this thread can be changes to just: The Walking Dead

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

Best scene ever - Darrel taking the baby and quieting it instantly. Glad the last of the whiners are gone (RIP Lori). Now we can look forward to a season of saving the baby from whatever humans are left who will want to take all her blood to turn first experiment on, and then use to manufacture the cure against the disease turning humans into zombies. Rick's gonna have to get over it quickly.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Best series on tv currently.
im impressed with blinks ability to stop at some points, yet plow through other places...
for example, season one was terrific, all 6 episodes... i remember watching the first two and iw as so enthralled that i swear i was holding my lunch in my hand ready to take a bite for like 45 minutes!
everything about the first two episodes was perfect, the pacing, the mood, the mystery, the lighting... just great.
to me season two was WEAK, the first half of the season right up until when the finally "found" sophia was just a giant drag....
that being said, the writers figured it out and the second half got better and finished terrific and season three is definitely excellent! (cant wait till tongihts episode)

that all being said,
the reason i love ths show so much is i NEVER know whats going to happen! and they do such a good job of answering just enough, but leaving so much more unanswered so you are always thinking about it.
for example, where is loris body? that fat zombie didnt eat ALL of her (granted it may be 16 anorexic pounds of flesh), zombies dont (or havent to this point) consumed entire carcasses. there are no bones left, etc... and where is carol?
did carol come back and save loris life (oh the terror)????
did carl really put a bullet into his moms head???

AND THE GOVERNOR,
what the crap!!!
what is the doctor working on? what is the governors big plan? why kill highly trained soldiers for thier weapons when you could assimilate them into you (seeming) successful community?
like i said LOVE THE SHOW
also i hope andrea dies next, she was second on my "needs to die list"

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The Walking Dead - need to catch up!

I don't watch a great deal of TV with the exception of sports, but I think I'm going to start watching this particular show since you all are raving about it. After I watch a few episodes (I *think* seasons 1 & 2 are on Netflix), I'll post my thoughts on it.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

The Governor wants to find a cure because he thinks he can save his zombie daughter. It obviously hasn't occurred to him that even a cure isn't going to reverse the tissue damage she's suffered since she was bitten and turned. He's a selfish SOB, for sure.

Can't wait to see who's on the other end of the phone. I'm also anxious for Rick to get his act together or I'll start hoping Darrel pushes him into a walker soon.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I don't think the governors daughter is alive - didn't he write her name in the book?

Found out who was on the line - creepy. And the new "wrinkle" will definitely hit us when the show hits break time!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

Did you miss the episode where he was brushing his daughter's hair? Saying she's alive is not exactly right - she's just walking dead.

Can't wait for next week so that MeShaun can clue everyone in on the governor, Merle, etc. This show just gets better and better.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

personally i think they should have let Hershel go. you have to be able to RUN from zombies

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Did you miss the episode where he was brushing his daughter's hair? Saying she's alive is not exactly right - she's just walking dead.

No. But he later had her name written in the book that Michonne asked him about.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I've just started watching the first episode of Season 1. So far so good.