The Walking Dead

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Same story plays out in the comic books but in a vastly different time frame and in a different section of their pilgrimage to D.C. Caught me off guard last night because I wasn't expecting it for a while, but I think the admission to the group about his lie means they are quickly moving towards a major character introduction, which is exciting to me!

I give the show's special effects team mucho props on the fire truck scene...that was just friggin' cool, lol!

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Same story plays out in the comic books but in a vastly different time frame and in a different section of their pilgrimage to D.C. Caught me off guard last night because I wasn't expecting it for a while, but I think the admission to the group about his lie means they are quickly moving towards a major character introduction, which is exciting to me!

I give the show's special effects team mucho props on the fire truck scene...that was just friggin' cool, lol!

Negan? I haven't read the comics but I've read about them online.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
And this deal with Eugene is a perfect example of one of the things that really bugs me between the comic and the TV show. Character development and "fleshing out" seemed to be a popular discussion earlier with Beth, but then you have this character from the books that has much more intimate development...but is left almost as an "unknown" in the TV show, enough to where people are just like "Kill him." It's a problem I have where they are trying to flesh out TRULY useless characters, but kind of miss the target with far more important characters (IE: The governor...they failed so badly at that compared to what it should have been, and I feel it was all because of how they set him up).

Eugene was not a scientist...this is a fact across both universes, but in the TV show, he actually BECOMES a scientist of sorts...doing various studies and observations of the zombies, even at one point figuring out that they actually need nutrients from the flesh they eat, and shows how a sample size of zombies who did not were all limited in mobility and energy...vs. another group who were well fed and were quite mobile and actually FAST!

There were other examples of this, but you get the point...the TV show fails to expound on this, thus making the characters minuscule compared to what they were written to be. Now to be fair, you can never expect a movie or TV show to meet the kind of depth a book can simply because of the limitations of film/TV, but if you have the time to waste on a character like Beth, who simply isn't interesting compared to MAIN characters that should be there...you can spend time on someone like Eugene...or the Hunters for god's sake.

I hate complaining like this because I know it gets annoying to those who haven't read the comic...but I think they pick and choose who they want to focus on within this story, and sometimes they don't choose so well. That or they have someone writing the scripts for the TV show who feels he/she is adding their own lore to the story, which is fine, but they need to make sure they also keep the existing lore in perspective.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The last two episodes were definitely 'filler' -- something we've encountered numerous times before. This past one was definitely better than the Beth one, I still can't figure out her place in all this, I think she could have gone away and nobody would have really said much except "They really screwed up because we didn't find out what happened to Beth." Maybe it'll all come full circle soon.

For Eugene, I feel bad for the guy. He did kill one walker, but I'm not sure if he has much more of that in him. He really screwed all of the others into believing him and now they're in a world of trouble. I wonder if somehow this is where the Morgan storyline comes in? But he's too far up the road for that... I think. ;)

Definitely not looking forward to only 3 more shows... it's going to be a long winter.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I live in the north so do think the Zombies would Freeze over the winter that way I could stock up on supplies before the spring thaw.:biggrin:

Love this show.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I live in the north so do think the Zombies would Freeze over the winter that way I could stock up on supplies before the spring thaw.:biggrin:

Love this show.

Zombies are constantly on the move and a Herd wouldn't freeze and I doubt we would have to shovel the snow with all the Walkers beating down a path

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Comic actually has winter in it...Zombies become slow and many just end up frozen until a thaw comes, and then funny things happen, LOL!

The producers of the show in season 2 actually said they try to skip the "winter" season because of the production cost that would be involved...I don't blame them, but some really funny things have happened in ice/snow in the books.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: The Walking Dead - need to catch up!

Last night's episode was much better -- now I'm trying to figure out how they are going to fit the whole resolution to all of the stories into the last two episodes!

* Beth's story line
* Eugene's story line
* Rick's story line

Maybe that's just it.... typical TWD fashion something will be unfinished and we'll have to wait! ;)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Carol being the savior of the group is now in trouble its a no-brainer that Rick is gonna pile everyone in the box truck and assault the hospital

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Carol being the savior of the group is now in trouble its a no-brainer that Rick is gonna pile everyone in the box truck and assault the hospital

I am thinking the same thing. Last night was exactly what I thought it would be...aside from the fact that part of me thought that Carol would get cought on purpose to get inside.

The whole medical van thing though...were they getting in just to see what hospital it was from? Because if so, and unless I missed something, that was kind of a stupid way to go about it!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Can a main character just die already? Lol. I don't wanna see another success story where Rick comes with the whole group, saves both Beth and Carol, and everyone comes out unscathed.

And don't just have a character with the likes of Bob die. Someone important.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Can a main character just die already? Lol. I don't wanna see another success story where Rick comes with the whole group, saves both Beth and Carol, and everyone comes out unscathed.

And don't just have a character with the likes of Bob die. Someone important.

Yeah, the main characters need to change hands right about now. Even if they don't kill them, just misplace them and bring in some new faces to the "Rescue".

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I also feel they have been having an unrealistic, really easy time with Judith. For an infant, she is really really quiet! I guess she knows better than to cry and scream (as children do) while the zombie apocalypse is ongoing!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2