The Walking Dead

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone here follow the graphic novels? Is there a similiar story line, setting, or characters to the hospital?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone here follow the graphic novels? Is there a similiar story line, setting, or characters to the hospital?

Nope. Closest hospital environment was from the video game but it wasn't Grady, it was something totally different...and none of those characters were at it (based on their names anyways)...I've never played the video games so I don't know how accurate that is, but I know this story arc has nothing to do with the comics, and I think they meant it to be that way since Beth doesn't exist in the comic (nor does Carol for that matter in the fashion which we know her in the show).

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Tonight's episode has been the weakest this season....but that could also be due to the fact I don't care for the character of Beth. I find her very uninteresting and just boring. I have no desire to learn or her stories or find out what she's been up to at all.

I hope this episode doesn't start a trend of slower, unnecessary episodes that do not add to much within the story.

I kind of just skimmed through it. Didn't interest me either.

It looks like next week's episode will be all about the group Glen and Maggie rode with trying to get to Washington. The doctor and the dude with the flattop don't interest me much either but I'd rather spend an episode on that than an entire episode on Beth's whereabouts. Last night's episode reminded me of the entire episodes on Woodbury and the governor making his comeback. They just don't appeal to me for some reason.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Well I liked this episode too. I don't mind when we leave the main group. This new group is very strange IMO. It's like they are in denial about what has happened.

I now think the person with Daryl in the woods is Noah; not Beth or Carroll.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Well I liked this episode too. I don't mind when we leave the main group. This new group is very strange IMO. It's like they are in denial about what has happened.

Yea, I am thinking the same thing. I am also thinking that Carol actually put herself in that place on purpose, to find and save Beth. Why? I dont know....I would just let her stay there! Haha

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Guess we are in the minority because I really enjoyed the episode as well. You have like 50 characters on the show. How else do you flesh them out? You need to have episodes like that every so often.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Beth is an obviously disposable character...they need to go ahead and have the little story arc where she dies or sacrifices herself in some way (maybe to save Carol...probably, lol), and then get on with the migration towards Alexandria. I'm ready to get on with the dark part of the story since they made such short work of the Hunters.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Beth is an obviously disposable character...they need to go ahead and have the little story arc where she dies or sacrifices herself in some way (maybe to save Carol...probably, lol), and then get on with the migration towards Alexandria. I'm ready to get on with the dark part of the story since they made such short work of the Hunters.

Couldn't agree more. I have never enjoyed Beth's character that much....she's always just been an average background character in my eyes. I'm not really sure why they are putting so much emphasis on her. I don't think the actress is good enough to make a mediocre character seem interesting.

I just want Negan to show up soon.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I'm sure a majority of viewers feel that way about Beth which is why it boggles my mind that they threw away an episode on her. Like they really couldn't just squeeze out one more episode with the hunters and throw it to Beth for a few scenes? lol

All they're gonna do is make Carol and Beth an indestructible tag team at the hospital and they get away and somehow find the group again. Really hope the producers prove that theory to be wrong though.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Guess we are in the minority because I really enjoyed the episode as well. You have like 50 characters on the show. How else do you flesh them out? You need to have episodes like that every so often.

IMO the issue is too many people seem to just want the show runners to just put the graphic novel up on the screen. This results in endless comparison to the book instead of discussion about the show. I haven't read any of the books so I am simply enjoying the show with no preconceived notions of what may or may not happen.

I don't really care about Beth. But I am interested to see other people in this world. I like visiting other groups. I do like seeing how different people are reacting and living in this world. This new group in the hospital is interesting to me for what ever reason. If Beth ends up dead I won't lose sleep over it, but I do think it is worth while to use her as an avenue for the different groups to meet.

So far I am really enjoying this season. I am also rethinking how I feel about past seasons; particularly season 2. Rick and Co. are very hardened now. I know why they are this way and I know that they are still good people who are still figuring out how to survive in this world. I've seen what they have been through. IMO it gives what is happening on screen a much greater impact. When Rick was questioning Gabriel all I could think was everything Rick has been through and look at this guy here cowering on a rock and some how he is still alive. All of that is very interesting to me and I think what really sets The Walking Dead apart from other zombie stuff. It's not just people out there slaying zombies. It's a world full of people trying to survive in situations that are really unthinkable. That's what I care about.

I don't care that the past few seasons Rick was not the badass gunslinger everyone kept talking about from the books because it would not have made sense for him to be that way at the start, he was a cop. Watching episodes now...I know exactly why Rick is a badass gunslinger who will kill anyone who threatens him or his family.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
IMO the issue is too many people seem to just want the show runners to just put the graphic novel up on the screen. This results in endless comparison to the book instead of discussion about the show. I haven't read any of the books so I am simply enjoying the show with no preconceived notions of what may or may not happen.

I don't really care about Beth. But I am interested to see other people in this world. I like visiting other groups. I do like seeing how different people are reacting and living in this world. This new group in the hospital is interesting to me for what ever reason. If Beth ends up dead I won't lose sleep over it, but I do think it is worth while to use her as an avenue for the different groups to meet.

So far I am really enjoying this season. I am also rethinking how I feel about past seasons; particularly season 2. Rick and Co. are very hardened now. I know why they are this way and I know that they are still good people who are still figuring out how to survive in this world. I've seen what they have been through. IMO it gives what is happening on screen a much greater impact. When Rick was questioning Gabriel all I could think was everything Rick has been through and look at this guy here cowering on a rock and some how he is still alive. All of that is very interesting to me and I think what really sets The Walking Dead apart from other zombie stuff. It's not just people out there slaying zombies. It's a world full of people trying to survive in situations that are really unthinkable. That's what I care about.

I don't care that the past few seasons Rick was not the badass gunslinger everyone kept talking about from the books because it would not have made sense for him to be that way at the start, he was a cop. Watching episodes now...I know exactly why Rick is a badass gunslinger who will kill anyone who threatens him or his family.

Agreed. A lot of people don't understand that you can't just throw what's in the books on the screen. Like I said before, you need to flesh out the characters.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I've read every comic that has been released so far...I don't expect the TV show to copy verbatim the books, but I do expect it to stay interesting, and honestly, Beth just isn't all that interesting. She's a drag character, she's not really bringing any one particular thing or another to the story, and honestly, we already have a spectrum of female characters in the story that pretty much cover the range of different needs for a story to have great depth...Beth never needed to be fleshed out past her interaction with Daryl...I mean she's a naive teenager who is looking for people to love her, but also has a need for guidance and supervision (as all teens do really). She's boring, she's typical, and she's just "in the way" when it comes to the story.

Had I never read a single comic, my opinion would still be the same. She doesn't even exist in the comic books, so it's not like I'm comparing her character to someone with a pre-conceived notion. And to further define that, Carol ALSO doesn't exist in the comics in the nature she does in the TV show, but she's one of my favorite characters in the TV show. Vulnerable but tough as nails. She's a teacher but also doesn't mind letting people educate her on things...she has a nice back ground story and has some value to the team. I read the comic books wondering why that character was never developed on paper...so the critical nature of my opinion definitely goes both ways.

I can enjoy the TV show as a stand along project, but the problem with that is that it's NOT a stand along project...it DOES follow the comic books, and it does it A LOT. Telling people that they shouldn't hold the show runners to such pre-defined expectations based on the comics is an unfair request, because we're talking about a TV show with a story that holds about 85% of it's relevance TO the comic book story.

One of my biggest pet peeves about the TV show is that it gets hung up on stuff...they stick around certain places TOO long and it ends up feeling recycled and old. If there's one thing I would definitely want more of in the show in comparison to the comic, it's the fast paced nature of the events...or at least better choices on what they spend their time on. They took an ENTIRE season to tell the story of the jail...yet the Hunters were only relevant for about 3 episodes. This is a weird choice, and really only makes sense to me from a budgeting stand point for production.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Remember I said it first

After watching the after show with Beth's actor I have a good feeling she's gonna play a prominent role in the remaining episodes. She's growing emotionally and tactically when thinking ahead in the office scene and it's not a fluke that they spent two episodes focusing on her character growth. Seems to me there grooming her for a leadership role of her own 🍺🍻

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Remember I said it first

After watching the after show with Beth's actor I have a good feeling she's gonna play a prominent role in the remaining episodes. She's growing emotionally and tactically when thinking ahead in the office scene and it's not a fluke that they spent two episodes focusing on her character growth. Seems to me there grooming her for a leadership role of her own ����

That would be hilariously pitiful. She's a terrible leader...she's a spastic, lucky little brat. I mean if you're with a group of people who all shoot guns constantly, you're going to learn something. She's as much a leader as Shane's dead corpse, lol.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I wouldn't dig a turnaround story of a girl trying to commit suicide to leave the world in the state it is in to all of a sudden growing up to becoming a leader of some sort.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Enjoyed last night's episode way more than last week's. Not the caliber the first three were, but I'll take it.

And it looks more and more like Morgan will be part of the mid-season cliffhanger.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Enjoyed last night's episode way more than last week's. Not the caliber the first three were, but I'll take it.

And it looks more and more like Morgan will be part of the mid-season cliffhanger.

I thought it was a good episode too. I don't read the comics so I was surprised about Eugene.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I haven't read any of the books, but know certain story lines. I did not know anything about Eugene or Abraham...but I figured Eugene out pretty quickly, just by his actions and words.

He actually started to really annoy me at one point...especially after I figured his story was all a lie for protection (and how smug and "better than everyone" he acted), but when Abraham let loose on him last night, I really felt bad for the character. I hope he survives for the time being.

The scene with his face peering over the book shelf was HILARIOUS!!! And it's so funny how he didn't even try to hide it or play it off...he was just like "yea, I was watching. So what?!"

Looks like next week we go back to Daryl and Carol. This episode was decent...good back story on Abraham. And even though it was all a lie with Eugene, he did really save his life.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR