The Walking Dead

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I wish people would stop comparing every single little detail to the comic story. I thought everyone would be happy that Rick has come full circle on the show and knows who he is again.

I don't know if your comment was referring to mine or not, but I wasn't comparing every single detail...I just mentioned that I thought the line was a bit corny!

I'm happy he has come full circle too...he finally realizes that in order to survive you must be a bit animalistic and crazy! haha

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I wish people would stop comparing every single little detail to the comic story. I thought everyone would be happy that Rick has come full circle on the show and knows who he is again.

Most of the comic readers that I personally know were VERY happy with the finale. The only thing that echoes across them (even from me) is the fact that the last line of the season should have been lifted directly from the comic book instead of being changed...they could have bleeped it out like they did on Breaking Bad...because "They don't know who they are F*CKING with!" is so much more passionate!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Most of the comic readers that I personally know were VERY happy with the finale. The only thing that echoes across them (even from me) is the fact that the last line of the season should have been lifted directly from the comic book instead of being changed...they could have bleeped it out like they did on Breaking Bad...because "They don't know who they are F*CKING with!" is so much more passionate!

Yes I noticed that also .. They even said they shot it with that but couldn't use it because of FCC and I guess didn't want to bleep it. I think after biting someone throat out he had has every right to say the f bomb lol

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes I noticed that also .. They even said they shot it with that but couldn't use it because of FCC and I guess didn't want to bleep it. I think after biting someone throat out he had has every right to say the f bomb lol

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

I think after ripping someone's throat out with your teeth...you are allowed to do whatever you want and no one will even think to question you! Haha

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I didn't like how things were turning up in Season 4 until the 2nd half of it started to interest me again. The show runner has much to do with it. Looking forward to this soon.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I didn't like how things were turning up in Season 4 until the 2nd half of it started to interest me again. The show runner has much to do with it. Looking forward to this soon.

I keep hearing that this will be the best season yet. We will see...

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I still feel that season 1 was the best of its short life so far. I was instantly hooked.

I would agree with that. The only complaint that I have with the show so far is the basically tame storyline with the Governor. That could've been soooo much more.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I would agree with that. The only complaint that I have with the show so far is the basically tame storyline with the Governor. That could've been soooo much more.

I don't know if it was the guy that played the character or something else, but I was never fascinated with him at all. That stretch of two shows where it was about nothing but the governor in the 1st half of season 4 really bored the heck out of me.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it was the guy that played the character or something else, but I was never fascinated with him at all. That stretch of two shows where it was about nothing but the governor in the 1st half of season 4 really bored the heck out of me.

I think season 4 was a bit of a mess....and I blame that mostly on the constant changing of show runners. Hopefully, Gimple stays on board and gets things to where they need to be.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

They screwed up the governor character in the TV show...didn't even look like him really. The actual governor was a scary person, gritty and psychotic. There's another "similar" character coming, and I really hope hope HOPE they don't make the same mistake and water him down...it will truly be a shame if they do, because this next guy is an absolute genius tyrant.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Eh gave up on this crap after the whole Daryll, Beth find me a drink waste of an hour. I hope for you guys that are still watching season 5s quality doesn't spike and fall like it usually does every season.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Eh gave up on this crap after the whole Daryll, Beth find me a drink waste of an hour. I hope for you guys that are still watching season 5s quality doesn't spike and fall like it usually does every season.

I thought the second half of season 4 redeemed itself for the lackluster first half. Seeing everyone separated and on their own was a new twist and was interesting.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I thought the second half of season 4 redeemed itself for the lackluster first half. Seeing everyone separated and on their own was a new twist and was interesting.

Yeah and that episode was actually in the back half. I actually finished Breaking Bad the other day and I feel that of the two shows cause they're both so hyped that Breaking Bad actually lives up to the standard that it's been held to better than Walking Dead. For example there's way more stretches of boring episodes in Walking Dead versus Breaking Bad. For me I think that Walking Dead is way over hyped for the quality of show that it actually is.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Yeah and that episode was actually in the back half. I actually finished Breaking Bad the other day and I feel that of the two shows cause they're both so hyped that Breaking Bad actually lives up to the standard that it's been held to better than Walking Dead. For example there's way more stretches of boring episodes in Walking Dead versus Breaking Bad. For me I think that Walking Dead is way over hyped for the quality of show that it actually is.
'Breaking Bad' had a relevant episode every episode. In my opinion. I'm sure people disagree. There are plenty of television shows that seem to have "filler" episodes at times to get to where they want to get to. Season 6 of 'Mad Men' felt like that. If you watch that show from the first episode and on, you'll see what a difference the first half of season 7 was in comparison to the entire season 6.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
'Breaking Bad' had a relevant episode every episode. In my opinion. I'm sure people disagree. There are plenty of television shows that seem to have "filler" episodes at times to get to where they want to get to. Season 6 of 'Mad Men' felt like that. If you watch that show from the first episode and on, you'll see what a difference the first half of season 7 was in comparison to the entire season 6.

That's what I feel Walking Dead suffers from greatly is too many filler episodes. Also comparison one of my favorite shows 24 took till season 6 for the quality to drop and even then by other tv standards it was better than anything. With the Walking Dead on the other hand the quality dipped and varied greatly in season 2!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
EXCELLENT premiere!

And for those curious at the end, no...that was not Negan who opened the box car as they were pulling the woman out. That was the crazy tattooed guy who almost immediately was attacked by zombies when Rick and Daryl were in the fire fight.

Also...SPOILER...

MORGAN!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods