The Walking Dead

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't expect it to be anything like that...I generally like the show, but last nights episode, in my opinion, was awful. The character development they were attempting to do was so incredibly shallow, and I just didn't quite understand why they needed to show a "coming of age" episode for Beth...the only thing I even remotely liked was the little piece of back story we got on Daryl (since he's a damn mystery being that he doesn't exist in the comic world). The entire episode was like watching a sexual tease...she was pretty much begging for it, Daryl was too busy being emo-hill billy and in the end, they blow up a moonshine distillery that could have helped someone else down the road, but because they were selfish little pricks, they decided their fire and fingers were awesome...

I still like the show...last night was a useless filler episode in my view.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Exactly!!!

I always tell people that bash the show...see above post....that the show can't be about going around destroying zombies every single episode. You NEED character development......and it's character development in a world that's had a major catastrophe where probably 99% of the world's population doesn't exist anymore. The show would never survive if all it was about was zombie bashing. Every successful episodic program in history has had good character development.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

..In a perfect cinema world we could watch golf club brain swings all over cute white sweaters all day long but I have to agree bonding with the characters is the only way to keep the audience coming back week after week this is true with the SOA series if they rode kicked **** and shot people all day most people would stop watching it

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Exactly!!!

I always tell people that bash the show...see above post....that the show can't be about going around destroying zombies every single episode. You NEED character development......and it's character development in a world that's had a major catastrophe where probably 99% of the world's population doesn't exist anymore. The show would never survive if all it was about was zombie bashing. Every successful episodic program in history has had good character development.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

Like I said earlier I know it can't be all about the Zombie carnage but there is a way to progress the plot while still having awesome character development both of which the Walking Dead suffers at achieving greatly. That's why I believe the Walking Dead has its problem cause there is no overarching story it's just a bunch people wandering around without a purpose, drinking moonshine apparently and flipping off sheds.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Like I said earlier I know it can't be all about the Zombie carnage but there is a way to progress the plot while still having awesome character development both of which the Walking Dead suffers at achieving greatly. That's why I believe the Walking Dead has its problem cause there is no overarching story it's just a bunch people wandering around without a purpose, drinking moonshine apparently and flipping off sheds.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

Not sure I can take it anymore either. I had a bunch of episodes on the dvr unwatched (a sign probably) and it was tedious just to get through it. Same with the comics. Ever since the trip to DC, it's been a snooze.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I normally defend the Walking Dead but I also think the last episode was terrible. I'm all for character development. But this was an hour of nothing, literally. After next week's episode I can nearly guarantee we will find they could have combined the two episodes into one. I've liked the episodes up until now. My only complaint being the reintroduction of Carol. The "big reveal" about Daryl was also completely bogus.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
There's still lots I'm trying to wrap my head around about this show. Lots.

1. Why aren't they all wearing brand new clothes instead of the raggedy *** crap they keep wearing?
2. Why aren't they all driving brand new Ford SVT Raptors when there's no one to stop them from taking them off the lots?
3. WHERE IN THE HELL ARE THEY??? I grew up in Atlanta and these locals are LOST.
4. Don't they know where they're going? Like I said, they are always lost. There's plenty of prisons and other areas that they could go to which are safe. Stone Mountain Park, for one. There's facilities on top of the mountain, and that whole thing is fenced in. You could walk up to the top, which the walkers most likely wouldn't be able to navigate.
5. And why is this turning into Days Of Our Lives???

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Greats points to ponder on I agree they could change there clothes more often I know if I'm covered with zombie juices I will be raiding the closets of the houses I find on my way

As far as transportation I believe there over two years in so Gas is starting to break down it's gonna get tougher to get any cars on the road I do remember Glen enjoying his charger a few seasons ago but now the bigger the better and a diesel would be the way to go as it will last longer maybe a Semi that way they can use the back for supplies

I get what your saying someone must know the terrain in that area there has to be a good fortification in the area Zombies can be handled as long as it's not a Herd that the Governor always feared

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
There's still lots I'm trying to wrap my head around about this show. Lots.

1. Why aren't they all wearing brand new clothes instead of the raggedy *** crap they keep wearing?
2. Why aren't they all driving brand new Ford SVT Raptors when there's no one to stop them from taking them off the lots?
3. WHERE IN THE HELL ARE THEY??? I grew up in Atlanta and these locals are LOST.
4. Don't they know where they're going? Like I said, they are always lost. There's plenty of prisons and other areas that they could go to which are safe. Stone Mountain Park, for one. There's facilities on top of the mountain, and that whole thing is fenced in. You could walk up to the top, which the walkers most likely wouldn't be able to navigate.
5. And why is this turning into Days Of Our Lives???

This was actually pretty funny to read, and you make good points! I have been to Stone Mountain as a kid...that would be a great place to bunk up all the way up top! My buddy and I have talked about this...right near us we have a Dicks sporting goods right next to a BJs wholesale club and Wegmans grocery store. right down the road is a car dealership. I would grab some people, barricade the BJs/Dicks with cars, keep some cars/SUVs for us to navigate if needed, and have an ample supply of food, water, clothing and weapons! Over time you build up the barricade, and have a nice little community!

And yes, it is funny that Dicks and BJs are next to each other. Haha

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Watching many takes on Zombie movies it's strange that some don't allow the Zombies to eat Animals but in the Walking Dead they do like when they chewed on Rick's horse and his pigs so I would assume that's why we don't see any large animals wild or escaped Zoo animals around and Pets for that matter

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Imagine if the animals turned Zombie in the Walking Dead ��
View attachment 50872

That would be absolutely incredible! Haha...can you imagine everyone scattered in the woods and having to watch the trees for zombie squirrels?!

I wonder if zombie animals would be as slow and as dumb as human ones...or if they'd be more like the dogs from Resident Evil. That would suck to get chased down by a horde of zombie dogs and cats.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Interesting episode seems there trying to tie everyone in using the Tracks as a reference point

Couple of great scenes this week

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I liked the episode. The dog was an ***...leading a horde of zombies right to the front door! Haha. I'm excited to see how this season will end.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR