The Walking Dead

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
This series didn't pan out the way I was hoping. It's too much like a stupid soap opera most of the time.

Exactly I don't know how it became the top series for AMC and gets 15+ million viewers every episode.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Walking Dead is good but it has nothing on Breaking Bad that was a Master piece in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Walking Dead is good but it has nothing on Breaking Bad that was a Master piece in my opinion

Don't even know if I'd call it good sadly. It's mostly a collection of mediocre to bad episodes sprinkled with some good and very rare amazing episodes.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Don't even know if I'd call it good sadly. It's mostly a collection of mediocre to bad episodes sprinkled with some good and very rare amazing episodes.

No offense, but if you dislike the show so much, then why watch it? It's like an Android fanboy coming here to complain about Apple.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
No offense, but if you dislike the show so much, then why watch it? It's like an Android fanboy coming here to complain about Apple.

Because of a few characters I really like such as Michonne, Maggie, Herschel *sheds tear*, Carol and Daryl. Also because after there's a crappy episode there's usually a good to amazing episode that reels me back in.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Because of a few characters I really like such as Michonne, Maggie, Herschel *sheds tear*, Carol and Daryl. Also because after there's a crappy episode there's usually a good to amazing episode that reels me back in.

Fair enough. I just never understand the logic of watching something, using something, etc., while complaining about it. It's just much easier to not do those things....IMO.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Fair enough. I just never understand the logic of watching something, using something, etc., while complaining about it. It's just much easier to not do those things....IMO.

LOL I know where you're coming from I'm doing it in the sense I really love the show but get frustrated because I see how awesome it can be but then it gets muddled down with the amount of time it wastes on certain things such as the soap opera dramaish parts.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Well after tonight's snoozer yet again I'm out! This show is a train wreck and I can't waste my time watching it anymore. I mean seriously an entire hour of Beth and Darryl looking for alcohol?!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I thought this episode was great there slowing down and getting emotions out and filling out the characters

I especially liked the country club and how the Rich were shown to handle the Zombie apocalypse. The power struggle and lack of survival skills they pretty much killed themselves off

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Terrible episode...I sat there the entire time saying to myself "Darryl, she wants to f*#k...just do it..."

I thought the same thing! Let's go find alcohol, let's play Never Have I Ever...I thought the whole time that she was really trying to gain some "experience" before she dies!

I did like the episode. I understand the frustrations with only focusing on two characters for an entire episode, but at this point they are doing character development. Think about it...there was a zombie outbreak when everything everyone knew was destroyed. Then they bonded together and created a community, so they felt safe, secure, and normal again. Then the governor destroys that, and they are all scattered and fleeing, lost and apart in the woods. It may be slow, but they are showing how these people are coping with everything, and how they are growing. And also filling in some back story to show why they are who they are. I liked Beth's speach when she was saying that she survived just like every other "strong" character, so that must make her strong too.

Next episode looks more action packed and maybe we will lose someone else. Even during the slower episodes, I still love this show. I am excited to see what, or who, comes along next.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I thought the same thing! Let's go find alcohol, let's play Never Have I Ever...I thought the whole time that she was really trying to gain some "experience" before she dies!

I did like the episode. I understand the frustrations with only focusing on two characters for an entire episode, but at this point they are doing character development. Think about it...there was a zombie outbreak when everything everyone knew was destroyed. Then they bonded together and created a community, so they felt safe, secure, and normal again. Then the governor destroys that, and they are all scattered and fleeing, lost and apart in the woods. It may be slow, but they are showing how these people are coping with everything, and how they are growing. And also filling in some back story to show why they are who they are. I liked Beth's speach when she was saying that she survived just like every other "strong" character, so that must make her strong too.

Next episode looks more action packed and maybe we will lose someone else. Even during the slower episodes, I still love this show. I am excited to see what, or who, comes along next.

Exactly!!!

I always tell people that bash the show...see above post....that the show can't be about going around destroying zombies every single episode. You NEED character development......and it's character development in a world that's had a major catastrophe where probably 99% of the world's population doesn't exist anymore. The show would never survive if all it was about was zombie bashing. Every successful episodic program in history has had good character development.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR