The Walking Dead

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This is another beautiful moment of the TV show that has deviated so far off the comic that I'm truly excited to see what culminates! I can't imagine Rick giving her up...not after the episode that essentially MADE her part of the group (when she was with Carl).

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The television series did something that really caught my attention last night...something that the comic series does all the time that i didn't think possible in the TV show, they actually significantly distanced the audience from the main group and placed ALL focus on another group. This will prove quite important later in the story (depending on where the TV show goes next) but I was rather impressed with how well they segregated our focus so flawlessly, it could have been a completely different show last night until Rick was staring down the barrel of that rifle at the end. Very cool to me...

btw...who do you all think is going to die in the finale? Apparently we have quite a blood bath ahead of us...with the demise of a main character! I can honestly say, i have no idea who it's going to be! My guess though? Either Glen or Andrea...

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
In a way I was very disappointed with last night's episode. I mean, I'm willing to suspend my belief to watch a show about zombies, but I refuse to believe the governor was that adept that he was able to find Andrea not once, but three times. That was just over the top.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The television series did something that really caught my attention last night...something that the comic series does all the time that i didn't think possible in the TV show, they actually significantly distanced the audience from the main group and placed ALL focus on another group. This will prove quite important later in the story (depending on where the TV show goes next) but I was rather impressed with how well they segregated our focus so flawlessly, it could have been a completely different show last night until Rick was staring down the barrel of that rifle at the end. Very cool to me...

btw...who do you all think is going to die in the finale? Apparently we have quite a blood bath ahead of us...with the demise of a main character! I can honestly say, i have no idea who it's going to be! My guess though? Either Glen or Andrea...

I think Glen and Merle will die. It'll suck for me not having Merle. Really what I believe though.

I think episode 3 of season 3 was solely about Woodbury. But, I get what you're saying though.
I thought last night's episode would squarely be about the Woodbury group. Was surprised to
see Rick in that episode.

P.S. Really starting to hate Milton.

P.P.S. I don't know why. Something tells me it was Morgan who burned those walkers.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Nah. That was too sane for Morgan to do. I think it was the governor's right hand man - who should have let Andrea shoot the governor when she had the chance.

If they kill Glen I'll be really annoyed.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Nah. That was too sane for Morgan to do. I think it was the governor's right hand man - who should have let Andrea shoot the governor when she had the chance.

If they kill Glen I'll be really annoyed.

I think it'll be more of a surprise of who it was. Milton is too obvious.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I don't think it was Milton, he's too much of a complainer and passive. But then again the show doesn't really give you many twists so it wouldn't surprise me.

Like Alli said, the whole cat and mouse game between the gov and Andrea was unbelievable. They both know the area for the most part. She's on foot cross country and can't shake him with a big truck? The odds of him finding her the first time were just remote. Then she decides to hide in a building? I suppose Andrea forgot what might be lurking in there?

So if you decided to just accept it, dumb things kept happening. Hey Andrea, there's a truck outside for you to use. Slash the tires at the very least.

DC506

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else think the Governor got bit? When he returned to town he seemed hurt. Notice how he held his jacket closed?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I notice that some of you (like a few people i know, including my wife) are beginning to have little bursts of dissatisfaction with the way the story plays out...and while i don't think we're any where near the end of this amazing ride, i can definitely see some similarities with this show and what was happening to the show Lost. These shows essentially get SO good and get such a loyal following that people begin to expect it to deliver at the top of its game 100% of the time...and this is not to say that isn't a reasonable expectation, we all WANT that, but the truth is, as with any story, i think it'll slip up sometimes and fall to it's own glory in certain ways. Lost (to my anyways) was just brilliant, but there were times where i was like WTF are they thinking?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I notice that some of you (like a few people i know, including my wife) are beginning to have little bursts of dissatisfaction with the way the story plays out...and while i don't think we're any where near the end of this amazing ride, i can definitely see some similarities with this show and what was happening to the show Lost. These shows essentially get SO good and get such a loyal following that people begin to expect it to deliver at the top of its game 100% of the time...and this is not to say that isn't a reasonable expectation, we all WANT that, but the truth is, as with any story, i think it'll slip up sometimes and fall to it's own glory in certain ways. Lost (to my anyways) was just brilliant, but there were times where i was like WTF are they thinking?

That's the thing with good TV now. It ruins us for other shows to an extent.
I actually started watching 'Walking Dead' on Netflix last May on Netflix. I
loved season 1 so much that I couldn't wait for season 2 to come to Netflix
so I just bought season 2 on iTunes. Then when I was done I wanted to give
'Breaking Bad' a whirl. I watched all 4 seasons of BB in a month and I was
so freaking hooked. Then season 5 aired in July and I was really hooked.
By the time TWD came back to air in October, I felt very underwhelmed
with the season 3 opener because I was so ruined for tv shows because of
BB. But now I'm just as hooked to TWD as I was before and looking back at
that season 3 opener, it was actually a pretty badass episode.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Ahhh Breaking Bad...what a fantastic story, I'm already sad it's ending and the final season hasn't even started airing yet. I agree with you though, and i think that has a lot to do with why many of these potentially great shows are seeing the axe so quickly...audiences are just so cut throat these days, if you don't absolutely WOW people, they'll keep replacing TV shows until something does. This isn't a bad thing really because it brings up quality, but it really stinks when a decent show gets canned because it wasn't up to snuff with some of these epic shows.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Ahhh Breaking Bad...what a fantastic story, I'm already sad it's ending and the final season hasn't even started airing yet. I agree with you though, and i think that has a lot to do with why many of these potentially great shows are seeing the axe so quickly...audiences are just so cut throat these days, if you don't absolutely WOW people, they'll keep replacing TV shows until something does. This isn't a bad thing really because it brings up quality, but it really stinks when a decent show gets canned because it wasn't up to snuff with some of these epic shows.

Aaron Paul tweeted out the other day that they filmed the finale already. It does make me sad that it's ending. But really, how far can these shows really go? Vince Gilligan said he thinks five seasons is good enough for dramas such as BB and even TWD. I think it's brilliant because it doesn't make the storylines dry. Honestly, if you think about it, how much more can Walter White's story progress? It would get too cartoonish if it kept going. I hope TWD stays fresh too but doesn't suck everything it can and become stale.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
OMG! Merle finally came around and then the governor bit his fingers off and ... shot him?! Still 10 minutes to go tonight, but I'm on the edge of my seat!

Awww...and Darryl had to kill Merle the walker. That was such a sad ending!!!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Man, Merle really went out with guns a blazin'. Loved that. Told the Governor he
wasn't gonna beg. Went all out and straight didn't give an F!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711