The Walking Dead

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If you haven't watched the episode yet...STOP HERE...don't read any further because I'm going to spoil the hell out of it!

...so this story was "sort of" not surprising to me, but as you can see from my reaction above, it was still mighty surprising! For those that have not and do not intend to read the comic book, there were twin brothers (one named Ben, the other named Billy) who were with the group. I had a hunch that the girls were following that story line, and a very similar situation happened with the twins (one of the more memorable parts of the comic book in my opinion)...so as you can imagine, when stuff started falling into place last night (particularly when Lizzie started feeding the zombies rats and I realized she was the person who was putting them at the fence at the prison as well)...I knew what was coming.

NOTHING could prepare me for seeing it visually though...that was so DARK and emotional, I seriously sat and stared at the TV for a few minutes with it on pause just shocked! The major difference here is Carol had to do the deed of ending that poor kids torment...where as in the comic book, Carl kills Ben in a van where he was being held for safety reasons. This is a little weird now because that move was actually one that kind of promotes Carl to a different level of "manhood" in the comic book...and I think denying him that in the show is going to slow his characters progression...for better or worse.

Insane though...and the acting, holy sh*t beans was it amazing. If anyone was falling off the train because of character development, last nights episode should have landed you back in first class again!

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Sean, I got chills all over again reading what you wrote...and I completely agree.

Last night's episode was amazing; so intense and shocking. I know about the comic book story, so I was kind of thinking the same thing as you but didn't know if they were going to go that route. I have to hand it to the actress who played Lizzie...she was incredible, and really brought the character to life.

I was kind of expecting Carol to feel Tyrese's wrath...but I am glad he did what he did. His character is great.

I loved the episode. I was never too upset with the past few episodes with all of the character development...but this one really killed it!

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
If Carol had confessed before killing Lizzie, I have a feeling Tyrese WOULD have killed her.

My hubby keeps randomly telling me to look at the flowers. Heh.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If Carol had confessed before killing Lizzie, I have a feeling Tyrese WOULD have killed her.

My hubby keeps randomly telling me to look at the flowers. Heh.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

I agree to an extent...I'm not sure if the event with Lizzie changed him or if it was before that, when he was in the woods and expressed his "trust" for her, saying her cared for her and hugging her. He already seemed shell shocked just from their trip TO that house...but I do think that the situation with Lizzie kind of pushed him over that edge of just "NO MORE BLOOD!" It's very possible that he would have killed her had that not happened.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree to an extent...I'm not sure if the event with Lizzie changed him or if it was before that, when he was in the woods and expressed his "trust" for her, saying her cared for her and hugging her. He already seemed shell shocked just from their trip TO that house...but I do think that the situation with Lizzie kind of pushed him over that edge of just "NO MORE BLOOD!" It's very possible that he would have killed her had that not happened.

Also, they have Judith who they are caring for. I feel that he needs Carol for that as well. I also think he realizes that people close to him are dying left and right, and there isn't a need anymore for killing someone that doesn't need to die (like Lizzie because she is a threat to everyone around her in more ways than one).

I think he understands that Carol did what she thought was best for the group. Had she discussed the group instead of taking it upon herself, it either would not have gotten done and the rest of the group would have suffered, or it would have put the burden on someone else.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This past week's episode was, in my opinion, such a filler...and it was frustrating because you got the big "Terminus" reveal. With the season finale this coming weekend, I would have thought that this episode would have been more on the level of what we've seen over the last couple of weeks...but it was just so cheesy, and lovey dovey...bleh.

Here's hoping to an epic season finale. I really hope we get a glimpse at the new villain/s. Cliff hangers are fine, but we need a new character introduction that leaves the fan world drooling until the fall.

Also, that Mary lady has no relevance to the comic, so I haven't a clue who she is at all...

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
This past week's episode was, in my opinion, such a filler...and it was frustrating because you got the big "Terminus" reveal. With the season finale this coming weekend, I would have thought that this episode would have been more on the level of what we've seen over the last couple of weeks...but it was just so cheesy, and lovey dovey...bleh.

Here's hoping to an epic season finale. I really hope we get a glimpse at the new villain/s. Cliff hangers are fine, but we need a new character introduction that leaves the fan world drooling until the fall.

Also, that Mary lady has no relevance to the comic, so I haven't a clue who she is at all...

I don't like how they are portraying Glenn anymore. I feel that once he "fell in love", he grew soft. I get that he was determined to find Maggie, but I just don't like how his character is anymore.

But I agree...it was filler.

I think Daryl's group will be interesting...they are looking for Rick, but Daryl obviously doesn't know this. Also...who the heck took Beth?!

I am thinking the Mary lady and Terminus may be canibal-related. I'm thinking that BBQ she was working wasn't cooking steak or chicken!

I just hope the season finale makes up for some of the slower episodes.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Actually, my buddy just pointed this out to me. The lady at terminus looks like the lady in the picture that michonne saw when her and Carl found the dead family. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1395852260.416445.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's true, and there was a hint that she may be related to the "Hunters" (cannibals)...but with the way they change people's names in the TV show vs. Comic...I don't even know anymore. Can't wait to find out though!

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's true, and there was a hint that she may be related to the "Hunters" (cannibals)...but with the way they change people's names in the TV show vs. Comic...I don't even know anymore. Can't wait to find out though!

Exactly. I am looking forward to it for sure!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Ahhh...the Hunters. This is an interesting approach on that part of the story. I'm intrigued to see what they're going to do with it!

Now...a LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNG 8 month wait.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I wonder how the newer members of the group will take to the return of the Ricktatorship. I am looking forward to it.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I know the line Rick delivers at the end is from the book, but I thought it was a bit cheesy. I really expected someone major to die last night. Not a bad episode, but I wanted a little more I guess. Now it is a LONG wait until we get to see what happens!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I wish people would stop comparing every single little detail to the comic story. I thought everyone would be happy that Rick has come full circle on the show and knows who he is again.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I like how when the group partially got back together in that train car Rick was like "Wait until they get a load of me" instead of asking about his (Shane's) baby daughter, lol. I'm content with this because it's actually a real cliffhanger. Unlike the weak Season 3 finale. Rick is for sure back on my "Do not kill" list. I was really getting annoyed by him. It was always some sort of constant emotional "struggle" with him that was really being milked far too long.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234