Wow this premier is every bit worth the long wait!!! Very awesome!!! I'm stoked for the first half of the season!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-13-2014 03:33 AM
    GREAT premiere! Probably the best I've seen. Just wow!
    10-13-2014 07:02 AM
    That premiere was 100 times better than the premiere last October.
    10-13-2014 07:38 AM
    And the best part! They're not spending the season in Terminus! lol!
    evorc likes this.
    10-13-2014 10:50 AM
    I liked how graphic and dark that episode felt. I hope that sets the tone for the season because some of the stuff in the prison and Woodbury wasn't as bad as the show runners wanted you to believe. I was actually kinda shocked they showed people's necks getting sliced lol

I've only read the comics up to the governor. I know the show and comic don't mirror each other. So I'm looking forward to whenever they get out of Georgia. I'm curious as to what life is like over in Washington. If that happens.
    evorc likes this.
    10-13-2014 10:58 AM
    So I'm looking forward to whenever they get out of Georgia.
    Heh.
    10-13-2014 05:11 PM
    Awesome season premier! I was hoping terminus wouldn't be stretched out the whole episode, and I hope they're done with it for the most part.
    10-13-2014 06:53 PM
    I'm not sure if Gareth was killed or not, so there may be room for that storyline to continue, but I suspect the folks who have Beth may turn out to be the next big threat. Awesome episode, though, and really shocking effects!
    10-13-2014 07:02 PM
    I'm not sure if Gareth was killed or not, so there may be room for that storyline to continue, but I suspect the folks who have Beth may turn out to be the next big threat. Awesome episode, though, and really shocking effects!
    Gareth was the ringleader there, right? The one that Rick said he was going to kill? That dude didn't die.
    10-13-2014 07:21 PM
    Gareth was the ringleader there, right? The one that Rick said he was going to kill? That dude didn't die.
    Correct. He was shot, but not dead.
    10-13-2014 07:25 PM
    Since we saw Gabriel the priest in the preview, we will encounter The Hunter's leader Gareth later, no doubt. The priest is a local familiar with the area and helps Rick and the crew navigate to find...things...lol.

Beth doesn't exist in the comic books so her story is actually pretty awesome to me since I have no clue what is going to happen.

Chronologically, the next major villain we should encounter are the "Saviors", but I think we're still a ways from that yet.
    10-13-2014 09:25 PM
    haaa! I still have to watch the 4th season!
    10-14-2014 10:08 AM
    Excellent episode I had to buy it on iTunes because I was in the woods during the premier. But it was worth the money. I liked the cabin scene when everything went quiet. Classic horror type pause situation
    10-14-2014 12:08 PM
    Another really good episode. The ending had nice shock value. Kinda liked the tension between Rick and Abraham also. I see a throw down in the future.
    10-20-2014 06:03 AM
    Yes it was an intense ending I couldn't help thinking about it all night

Rick was right they should have gone back in to terminex to finish off them guys
    10-20-2014 07:49 AM
    I like how Gareth is a not likable heel.

The Governor felt comedic. I've read up to the governor on the comics and what Sean said is spot on. They stripped down the governor on the show. You know how when you watch Seinfeld and Newman comes on camera and you just feel sort of disgusted just seeing him? Gareth feels the same.
    jburke82 likes this.
    10-20-2014 10:41 AM
    I like how Gareth is a not likable heel.

The Governor felt comedic. I've read up to the governor on the comics and what Sean said is spot on. They stripped down the governor on the show. You know how when you watch Seinfeld and Newman comes on camera and you just feel sort of disgusted just seeing him? Gareth feels the same.
    Yea, they are setting him up pretty well! I have never read any of the graphic novels, but I do follow them and the story line via wikipedia, etc., and it looks like....

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

the Hunters are here!! With Gareth the leader. I guess in the books, they eat Dale's leg, but Bob takes that place in the show.

My question is...was Bob bit? Is he tainted? I mean, he was crying outside which led me to assume as much, but I have seen some other theories about why he was crying such as his alcohol dependancy, emotions from almost dying, etc. I am sticking with the fact that he was bit, and I am thinking that it will come down to a confrontation between Rick and the Hunters like in the books.

Still wondering what happened to Beth though, and who is driving that car with the cross on it...
    kataran likes this.
    10-20-2014 04:02 PM
    Spoilers...

So now we get to see the ACTUAL Hunters, which were the hunters all along but they now better reflect the comic book villains. This will be quite interesting because of how the characters are being picked off differently than the comics (as someone mentioned, the whole leg eating situation not being dale obviously).

SUPER SPOILERS! (if you read the next line its your own fault as I'm warning you AND making the font white!)...

--I have a theory that when Negan is introduced, he's going to kill Daryl instead of Glen with Lucille. I hope they keep the gore level the same though...honestly was the most shocking and emotional part of the comic book to me so far...I actually got very sad when it showed Glenn trying to mutter to Maggie, and then getting his brains scattered all over the ground. --
    10-21-2014 01:26 AM
    Spoilers...

So now we get to see the ACTUAL Hunters, which were the hunters all along but they now better reflect the comic book villains. This will be quite interesting because of how the characters are being picked off differently than the comics (as someone mentioned, the whole leg eating situation not being dale obviously).

SUPER SPOILERS! (if you read the next line its your own fault as I'm warning you AND making the font white!)...

--I have a theory that when Negan is introduced, he's going to kill Daryl instead of Glen with Lucille. I hope they keep the gore level the same though...honestly was the most shocking and emotional part of the comic book to me so far...I actually got very sad when it showed Glenn trying to mutter to Maggie, and then getting his brains scattered all over the ground. --
    Wow, you think he is going to be offed? Interesting...I think the whole internet will explode if that is the case!
    10-21-2014 09:47 AM
    I can see Daryl being offed. It wouldn't shock me.
    10-21-2014 11:15 AM
    My question is...was Bob bit? Is he tainted? I mean, he was crying outside which led me to assume as much, but I have seen some other theories about why he was crying such as his alcohol dependancy, emotions from almost dying, etc. I am sticking with the fact that he was bit, and I am thinking that it will come down to a confrontation between Rick and the Hunters like in the books.
    I'm wondering the exact same thing about Bob. I thought he had been bitten, on the leg or something. I was expecting him to walk outside and possibly end himself. I'm not sure what he was really crying about...the walker that grabbed him?

Overall, I think these two episodes were great. I also really liked how in the first 10 minutes of episode two this season the characters were talking about various small plot points hanging over from last season. IMHO putting a lot of things to rest and allowing us to move on. In addition I also really am liking the group dynamic now. When Rick is first talking to Gabriel all I could think of was the past 4 seasons and all the things the group had done...but here is this guy who is still alive but cowering on a rock. I like where things are headed.
    jburke82 likes this.
    10-21-2014 01:32 PM
    Wow, you think he is going to be offed? Interesting...I think the whole internet will explode if that is the case!
    Just seems like something they'd do to flip the script between the comic and tv show. Seemed like the most obvious choice since both incidents are so emotionally detrimental to the story. They really don't have anyone else to do it to that would have the same effect and still be able to keep somewhat to the story.
    jburke82 likes this.
    10-21-2014 03:29 PM
    Just seems like something they'd do to flip the script between the comic and tv show. Seemed like the most obvious choice since both incidents are so emotionally detrimental to the story. They really don't have anyone else to do it to that would have the same effect and still be able to keep somewhat to the story.
    The intensity of these first two episodes does make it feel like there is a build up to something big. As much as I can see Daryl being offed, I feel the same way about Glen. If the story goes with the Negan thing, I'd say it would be Glen if I had to guess simply because Beth hasn't shown up yet and there might be some payoff on the story between her and Daryl for when she comes back. I'd think the show runners would want to give that to the audience. I'm assuming she'll find the group again since this show some how, some way has migrated members of the group finding the group again.

The fact that Rick became badass now wouldn't make me feel that bad about Daryl being gone.
    jburke82 likes this.
    10-21-2014 04:01 PM
    I'd be completely shocked if that happened. I'm also fairly certain that every female fan of the show would riot if it did. Lol.
    10-21-2014 04:27 PM
    I'd be completely shocked if that happened. I'm also fairly certain that every female fan of the show would riot if it did. Lol.
    Seeing a few of my friends pictures from this past weekend's Walker Stalker convention in Atlanta...I agree whole heartedly with you, lol!

It's just a blind theory though. There's only one way that villain can be introduced, so I guess we'll see.
    jburke82 likes this.
    10-21-2014 05:09 PM
640 ... 1516171819 ...