You are seriously missing out.
    I will watch it eventually.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.
    02-26-2014 10:54 AM
    Walking Dead is good but it has nothing on Breaking Bad that was a Master piece in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    02-26-2014 11:11 AM
    Walking Dead is good but it has nothing on Breaking Bad that was a Master piece in my opinion

Don't even know if I'd call it good sadly. It's mostly a collection of mediocre to bad episodes sprinkled with some good and very rare amazing episodes.

02-26-2014 11:36 AM
    Don't even know if I'd call it good sadly. It's mostly a collection of mediocre to bad episodes sprinkled with some good and very rare amazing episodes.

No offense, but if you dislike the show so much, then why watch it? It's like an Android fanboy coming here to complain about Apple.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app
    reeneebob likes this.
    02-26-2014 10:03 PM
    No offense, but if you dislike the show so much, then why watch it? It's like an Android fanboy coming here to complain about Apple.

Because of a few characters I really like such as Michonne, Maggie, Herschel *sheds tear*, Carol and Daryl. Also because after there's a crappy episode there's usually a good to amazing episode that reels me back in.

02-26-2014 10:06 PM
    Because of a few characters I really like such as Michonne, Maggie, Herschel *sheds tear*, Carol and Daryl. Also because after there's a crappy episode there's usually a good to amazing episode that reels me back in.

Fair enough. I just never understand the logic of watching something, using something, etc., while complaining about it. It's just much easier to not do those things....IMO.

02-27-2014 06:54 AM
    I'm all caught up on Seasons 1-3. Haven't seen any Season 4 yet. Get with the ballgame, Netflix!
    02-27-2014 10:19 AM
    I'm all caught up on Seasons 1-3. Haven't seen any Season 4 yet. Get with the ballgame, Netflix!
    LOL Season 4 is still airing on AMC so you might have a while before it's on Netflix.

03-01-2014 05:38 PM
    Fair enough. I just never understand the logic of watching something, using something, etc., while complaining about it. It's just much easier to not do those things....IMO.

LOL I know where you're coming from I'm doing it in the sense I really love the show but get frustrated because I see how awesome it can be but then it gets muddled down with the amount of time it wastes on certain things such as the soap opera dramaish parts.

03-01-2014 05:40 PM
    Well after tonight's snoozer yet again I'm out! This show is a train wreck and I can't waste my time watching it anymore. I mean seriously an entire hour of Beth and Darryl looking for alcohol?!

03-03-2014 03:47 AM
    I thought this episode was great there slowing down and getting emotions out and filling out the characters

I especially liked the country club and how the Rich were shown to handle the Zombie apocalypse. The power struggle and lack of survival skills they pretty much killed themselves off

jburke82 likes this.
    03-03-2014 08:01 AM
    Terrible episode...I sat there the entire time saying to myself "Darryl, she wants to f*#k...just do it..."
    jburke82 likes this.
    03-03-2014 10:37 AM
    Terrible episode...I sat there the entire time saying to myself "Darryl, she wants to f*#k...just do it..."
    Exactly what i thought too ahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-03-2014 10:57 AM
    I thought the same thing! Let's go find alcohol, let's play Never Have I Ever...I thought the whole time that she was really trying to gain some "experience" before she dies!

I did like the episode. I understand the frustrations with only focusing on two characters for an entire episode, but at this point they are doing character development. Think about it...there was a zombie outbreak when everything everyone knew was destroyed. Then they bonded together and created a community, so they felt safe, secure, and normal again. Then the governor destroys that, and they are all scattered and fleeing, lost and apart in the woods. It may be slow, but they are showing how these people are coping with everything, and how they are growing. And also filling in some back story to show why they are who they are. I liked Beth's speach when she was saying that she survived just like every other "strong" character, so that must make her strong too.

Next episode looks more action packed and maybe we will lose someone else. Even during the slower episodes, I still love this show. I am excited to see what, or who, comes along next.
    kataran and Les74 like this.
    03-03-2014 12:47 PM
    I thought the same thing! Let's go find alcohol, let's play Never Have I Ever...I thought the whole time that she was really trying to gain some "experience" before she dies!

I did like the episode. I understand the frustrations with only focusing on two characters for an entire episode, but at this point they are doing character development. Think about it...there was a zombie outbreak when everything everyone knew was destroyed. Then they bonded together and created a community, so they felt safe, secure, and normal again. Then the governor destroys that, and they are all scattered and fleeing, lost and apart in the woods. It may be slow, but they are showing how these people are coping with everything, and how they are growing. And also filling in some back story to show why they are who they are. I liked Beth's speach when she was saying that she survived just like every other "strong" character, so that must make her strong too.

Next episode looks more action packed and maybe we will lose someone else. Even during the slower episodes, I still love this show. I am excited to see what, or who, comes along next.
    Exactly!!!

I always tell people that bash the show...see above post....that the show can't be about going around destroying zombies every single episode. You NEED character development......and it's character development in a world that's had a major catastrophe where probably 99% of the world's population doesn't exist anymore. The show would never survive if all it was about was zombie bashing. Every successful episodic program in history has had good character development.

kataran and jburke82 like this.
    03-03-2014 08:45 PM
    I don't expect it to be anything like that...I generally like the show, but last nights episode, in my opinion, was awful. The character development they were attempting to do was so incredibly shallow, and I just didn't quite understand why they needed to show a "coming of age" episode for Beth...the only thing I even remotely liked was the little piece of back story we got on Daryl (since he's a damn mystery being that he doesn't exist in the comic world). The entire episode was like watching a sexual tease...she was pretty much begging for it, Daryl was too busy being emo-hill billy and in the end, they blow up a moonshine distillery that could have helped someone else down the road, but because they were selfish little pricks, they decided their fire and fingers were awesome...

I still like the show...last night was a useless filler episode in my view.
    jburke82 likes this.
    03-03-2014 09:14 PM
    Exactly!!!

I always tell people that bash the show...see above post....that the show can't be about going around destroying zombies every single episode. You NEED character development......and it's character development in a world that's had a major catastrophe where probably 99% of the world's population doesn't exist anymore. The show would never survive if all it was about was zombie bashing. Every successful episodic program in history has had good character development.

..In a perfect cinema world we could watch golf club brain swings all over cute white sweaters all day long but I have to agree bonding with the characters is the only way to keep the audience coming back week after week this is true with the SOA series if they rode kicked **** and shot people all day most people would stop watching it

jburke82 likes this.
    03-03-2014 09:53 PM
    Exactly!!!

Like I said earlier I know it can't be all about the Zombie carnage but there is a way to progress the plot while still having awesome character development both of which the Walking Dead suffers at achieving greatly. That's why I believe the Walking Dead has its problem cause there is no overarching story it's just a bunch people wandering around without a purpose, drinking moonshine apparently and flipping off sheds.

03-04-2014 02:55 PM
    Like I said earlier I know it can't be all about the Zombie carnage but there is a way to progress the plot while still having awesome character development both of which the Walking Dead suffers at achieving greatly. That's why I believe the Walking Dead has its problem cause there is no overarching story it's just a bunch people wandering around without a purpose, drinking moonshine apparently and flipping off sheds.

Not sure I can take it anymore either. I had a bunch of episodes on the dvr unwatched (a sign probably) and it was tedious just to get through it. Same with the comics. Ever since the trip to DC, it's been a snooze.
    03-05-2014 03:30 AM
    I normally defend the Walking Dead but I also think the last episode was terrible. I'm all for character development. But this was an hour of nothing, literally. After next week's episode I can nearly guarantee we will find they could have combined the two episodes into one. I've liked the episodes up until now. My only complaint being the reintroduction of Carol. The "big reveal" about Daryl was also completely bogus.
    03-05-2014 08:16 AM
    The previews for this weekend look promising

jburke82 likes this.
    03-05-2014 08:17 AM
    There's still lots I'm trying to wrap my head around about this show. Lots.

1. Why aren't they all wearing brand new clothes instead of the raggedy *** crap they keep wearing?
    2. Why aren't they all driving brand new Ford SVT Raptors when there's no one to stop them from taking them off the lots?
    3. WHERE IN THE HELL ARE THEY??? I grew up in Atlanta and these locals are LOST.
    4. Don't they know where they're going? Like I said, they are always lost. There's plenty of prisons and other areas that they could go to which are safe. Stone Mountain Park, for one. There's facilities on top of the mountain, and that whole thing is fenced in. You could walk up to the top, which the walkers most likely wouldn't be able to navigate.
    5. And why is this turning into Days Of Our Lives???
    jburke82 likes this.
    03-05-2014 08:36 AM
    Greats points to ponder on I agree they could change there clothes more often I know if I'm covered with zombie juices I will be raiding the closets of the houses I find on my way

As far as transportation I believe there over two years in so Gas is starting to break down it's gonna get tougher to get any cars on the road I do remember Glen enjoying his charger a few seasons ago but now the bigger the better and a diesel would be the way to go as it will last longer maybe a Semi that way they can use the back for supplies

I get what your saying someone must know the terrain in that area there has to be a good fortification in the area Zombies can be handled as long as it's not a Herd that the Governor always feared

03-05-2014 09:23 AM
    There's still lots I'm trying to wrap my head around about this show. Lots.

1. Why aren't they all wearing brand new clothes instead of the raggedy *** crap they keep wearing?
    2. Why aren't they all driving brand new Ford SVT Raptors when there's no one to stop them from taking them off the lots?
    3. WHERE IN THE HELL ARE THEY??? I grew up in Atlanta and these locals are LOST.
    4. Don't they know where they're going? Like I said, they are always lost. There's plenty of prisons and other areas that they could go to which are safe. Stone Mountain Park, for one. There's facilities on top of the mountain, and that whole thing is fenced in. You could walk up to the top, which the walkers most likely wouldn't be able to navigate.
    5. And why is this turning into Days Of Our Lives???
    This was actually pretty funny to read, and you make good points! I have been to Stone Mountain as a kid...that would be a great place to bunk up all the way up top! My buddy and I have talked about this...right near us we have a Dicks sporting goods right next to a BJs wholesale club and Wegmans grocery store. right down the road is a car dealership. I would grab some people, barricade the BJs/Dicks with cars, keep some cars/SUVs for us to navigate if needed, and have an ample supply of food, water, clothing and weapons! Over time you build up the barricade, and have a nice little community!

And yes, it is funny that Dicks and BJs are next to each other. Haha
    ctt1wbw likes this.
    03-05-2014 12:59 PM
    Rick is hot. That is all.

R

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk
    03-05-2014 01:22 PM
640 ... 1213141516 ...