Video from iMovie on iMac to Camera Roll on iPad?

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

I had a video project I was working on which is finished, but unfortunately I wasn't able to finish in a way that would have been most convenient.

Basically, I put together a video on my iMac in iMovie. I had originally wanted to display it via HDMI out or Component out (via adapters) to an HDTV for display. The intention was for the video to constantly play over the course of an evening for people to view at their leisure.

My original intent was to copy the video onto my Camera Roll on my iPad, and just run a slideshow since it would essentially loop infinitely. But after the video project was completely, I found NO way whatsoever to sync the video to the camera roll on my iPad. Syncing it as a video through iTunes was not an option either since it wouldn't be able to loop.

I ended up converting it to AVI in Premiere Pro and then copied it over to my Windows 7 based laptop and completed the project to the satisfaction and praise of all, however I REALLY would have liked to have just needed to bring my iPad, instead of my laptop and additional weight.

So has anyone else run into this problem before and found a solution? Seems like this would be something a lot more people would be interested in doing. I just hate how you have to Sync everything to get photos and videos off an iPad or iPhone to a Mac, but it's next to impossible to put media back on it.

Thanks,

Brad