The Cabin in the Woods

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I found Cabin in the Woods to be a disappointment. Whedon had good dialog, which was to be expected, but over all it felt like a bad Angel episode.

I get what they were trying to do, to make even the meta be meta, but it needed to be a good movie at its core as well.

Poor plot choices, poor balance and it just didn't have any dramatic tension.

I expected way more given the talent behind it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GGRRAAFT

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Thank you Rene, this is an ongoing argument where I have stood alone. Every friend of mine puts Cabin up there with Gone With The Wind. I find it a waste of time, too many elements and yet not enough of anything. I've seen it again and it was better a second time with lower expectations. I've also gotten a few friends to admit on second viewings, it isn't as amazing as they thought it originally was. Glad to know you came down on my side.

GGRRAAFT

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Moviepass has been my best friend these days because of movies like this. Especially now with so much disappointing crap coming out, that you almost want to see, just in hopes... Its like Netflix fir theaters, one fee and all month the movies, good, bad, and horrible, are free. Not an ad, just a suggestion if you like movies and can appreciate even the bad ones for what they are.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I actually liked this movie. If you take it for what it is, not a true horror film but a satire of the horror film structure, it has lots of value to it. I really enjoyed all the elements brought together to make a decently scary flick that is actually a huge comedy.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2