what's your tv setup?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'm on directv now and have been for years with a couple of hd-dvrs.

But i'm wanting to chop costs, as well as add a few more tv's in house.

Anyone using Windows Media Center with extenders? Thinking of going that route. Would have to get a comcast cable card with the most basic digital tv package as well as something like a Ceton card to put it in. Already have a PC for it. Would likely need xboxes as receivers.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure exactly what you mean but my livingroom setup is

57" flatscreen, WDTVLive connected to 1TB hdd with all my movies. Sony PS3, Wii, and an Apple TV, Sony 5.1 surround receiver all connected by HDMI. The speakers are arranged in the livingroom with my local cable box for regular programming.

MariuszB

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure exactly what you mean but my livingroom setup is

57" flatscreen, WDTVLive connected to 1TB hdd with all my movies. Sony PS3, Wii, and an Apple TV, Sony 5.1 surround receiver all connected by HDMI. The speakers are arranged in the livingroom with my local cable box for regular programming.

wow it should be great to play with somethnin on that screen :D

acecommander

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I used to have Time Warner but switched to ATT Uverse about 2 years ago. The main reason I switched was because the service from Time Warner was unacceptable for me. Whenever I had an outage it would take 2-3 days for a repair truck to show up at the house, which was unexplainable to me because if you ordered new service, Time Warner advertised same day hook-up. That told me that Time Warner was more interested in getting new business rather than keeping their current customer base. I took the hint and switched to U-Verse, and couldn't be happier with the service.

In 2 years my service has only been interrupted once, and ATT had a truck here in less than 4 hours. The technician troubleshooted the issue, repaired it, and before he left, he gave me a business card with his supervisors phone number and told me that if I ever have any other issues, to call Uverse first, but to also call his boss if I needed anything troubleshooted over the phone.

I pay $82.00/month for the Uverse 200, which includes HD Service, one HD DVR, and three HD receivers. When I originally signed up for Uverse, they were running a promotion for free HD receivers (usually $7.00/Month), and because of some billing issue I had after signing up, my free promotion doesn't expire until 2091.

I also pay $38.00 for my internet service, which is the Max Pro from Uverse.

I've looked into downgrading, or just getting an outside antenna, but for me, the price I pay is worth the service I'm getting.

sphinx23

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I just switched over from Dish Network to Optimum which I'm not at all pleased with,either my channels that I have show up blank,or the volume just cuts out for an period of time,and that's just the beginning of the problems.I'm considering about going back to either dish or direct since those two give you an DVR along with your packaged plan unlike optimum's triple play package.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I have a Sony Bravia TV hooked up to an Apple TV and PS 3. I cut the cable cord months ago.

I use AirPlay a ton now, and Netflix for older stuff.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Verizon FIOS triple play, and also on my 42 inch living room TV is a Roku (it's like AppleTV), Xbox (old school original) and a laptop with broken screen. (BUT the TV screen displays it JUST fine) I can also connect my ipad and/or my PlayBook to the TV via HDMI. And I have whole house DVR from FIOS. :)

Sancho90

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a Sony Bravia TV hooked up to an Apple TV and PS 3. I cut the cable cord months ago.

I use AirPlay a ton now, and Netflix for older stuff.

Change the TV to a 32" Vizio, and it's the same exact setup. Haven't had any form of satellite or cable for about 2 years now.

Sent from Sancho's Brain
(New iPad, Tapatalk HD)

kiwiruss

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a 52 inch LG 1080p LCD, and apple tv2 and a windows media center pc with dual HD tv tuners. We killed of satellite last year and haven't looked back. HD over the air for news and some sports, Netflix for movies on the apple tv2 and kids shows.

The media center pc I built for $600 including a hd antenna on the roof with a 60 mile range. 4gb ram, 1tb hard drive and a blue ray drive.

If Apple would bring out a decent media center alternative with a DVD drive and tuners to record over the air tv I would dump the media center overnight.

No Satellite - No Worries!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro