Best movie and TV apps for iPhone and iPad

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Here's what I use most

1. Air Video. This does all my heavy lifting. Any video I have on my desktop computer or Drobo can easily be streamed and transcoded on the fly to my Apple TV via this little beauty. LOVE. IT.
2. Netflix. I watch on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV and love that I can easily just go from one to the other and come back right where I left off.
3. A bunch of TV network apps like CTV, CBC, CityTV and Global for when I miss recent shows.

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The list of you listed above all are my favorite, besides National Film Board, Flixster App that get me many free movies I use much.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Pretty much what the OP said.

Though I also like Hulu Plus, HBO GO & Cinemax, Sunday NFL Ticket, and the directv ipad app (but it doesn't work away from home). We don't have premium or nfl subscriptions for directv, but parents do. So i use their name & password for it.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I love Netflix for iPhone. I use it all the time.

TV.com has an app that has a bunch of older shows on it. I watch MacGyver at work. :)

LiveStream is great during severe weather. I can watch my news coverage on the iPhone if the power or my dish goes out.

GGRRAAFT

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I was using air video then I bought an external hard drive and put everything on it in iTunes. I'm considering going back to air video, or I should say, thanks for reminding me how easy it was. iTunes isnt very friendly right now.

DC506

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I just found this thread and decided to try Air Video. What a great app. And I have to agree that it's a little more flexible and easier than streaming with iTunes, because of its converting on the fly capabilities. Thank for the heads up.

bujin

May 15, 2009
Visit site
I use Netflix, HuluPlus, and (especially) AirVideo. I also use Skyfire when I want to watch the occasional live stream airplayed to my Apple TV, such as MSNBC, since I cut the cord.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods