Game of Thrones Season 3

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Starts tonight! Share your thoughts here!

And yes, **SPOILER** warnings for the whole thread. Don't read if you don't want to know!

(Though seriously, so much crap happens each episode I just expect everyone to have sex and die, hopefully in that order, every show now...)

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm ready for it....But have to record it have to watch season final of walking dead first.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
As long as they skip book 4, completely, the season will be good. Book 4 was terribad.

I didn't think it was terrible. Just nowhere near as good as book 3. The end of 5, was jaw dropping. Can't wait for 6 and 7!!!

I also skipped the premier last night to watch the season finale of The Walking Dead. But it's scheduled for 4:30 this afternoon. :D (Besides, I already know what happens from reading the books.)

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
What did everyone think of the episode? I have not read the books.

Not much action and a lot of setup, I don't want to say I was let down but I was a little under whelmed I think because I had just watched The Walking Dead right before and was still a little tense.

Sir Davos lives! But it doesn't look good for him, he should have listened to his pirate buddy. I wish we had gotten some info about what happened at Winterfell.

ern741

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I've watched seasons 1 and 2 without having read any of the books. I've since read books 1 through 4 prior to the season 3 premiere and am now ahead of the television series and really loved the books. I thought the premiere was good but not as enjoyable after reading the series as it may have been without reading ahead. Anyone else find this to be the case or was it just because the season hasn't had a chance to build up yet.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I've watched seasons 1 and 2 without having read any of the books. I've since read books 1 through 4 prior to the season 3 premiere and am now ahead of the television series and really loved the books. I thought the premiere was good but not as enjoyable after reading the series as it may have been without reading ahead. Anyone else find this to be the case or was it just because the season hasn't had a chance to build up yet.

I watched the first season and then went ahead and read all five books. I still enjoy the show but not as much as when I watched the first series.

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I didn't think it was terrible. Just nowhere near as good as book 3. The end of 5, was jaw dropping. Can't wait for 6 and 7!!!

I also skipped the premier last night to watch the season finale of The Walking Dead. But it's scheduled for 4:30 this afternoon. :D (Besides, I already know what happens from reading the books.)

Book 4 seemed like it was all of the weakest characters in one mediocre book. Book 5 was crazy.

ROSES5682

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Does each season correspond with a book? So is season 3 all about book 3 or is the show ahead or behind the books?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Does each season correspond with a book? So is season 3 all about book 3 or is the show ahead or behind the books?

One book - one season.

Unfortunately, the books are all upwards of 1,000 pages, so it's hard to get in all the details.

You wind up keeping ahead since you have all the details they leave out in the series. I finally watched this afternoon, and when Sir Baristan Selmy introduced himself to Jora and Dynarius, I turned to my husband and said "oh...they just combined like three chapters there." Cause Selmy never let on who he was.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
One book - one season.

Unfortunately, the books are all upwards of 1,000 pages, so it's hard to get in all the details.

You wind up keeping ahead since you have all the details they leave out in the series. I finally watched this afternoon, and when Sir Baristan Selmy introduced himself to Jora and Dynarius, I turned to my husband and said "oh...they just combined like three chapters there." Cause Selmy never let on who he was.

I know he called himself Arstan initially.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

They did with book 1 and 2 but after this they are going to be mashing them together. Book 3 will be spread across season 3 and 4 with some elements from even later books as well due to the time lines and adapting the story for TV. HBO has stated this many times.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have not read the books and really don't want to because I don't want to ruin the show for myself .. I have never watched any of it until about a week or so ago. I got 3 months of hbo for free so with the hbo go app I was able to watch all 3 seasons back to back .. I'm hooked all I have to say is "Red Wedding" Wow

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Reading the books doesn't ruin the show. At least it hasn't up through season 3. They follow pretty closely.

​Good stuff, eh?!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Reading the books doesn't ruin the show. At least it hasn't up through season 3. They follow pretty closely.

​Good stuff, eh?!

It would if you wanted the show itself to surprise you...like you said, they follow closely, so reading the books would essentially "ruin" any surprise or fresh content the TV show would offer. Which is one of the great things about The Walking Dead...even if you've read the comics, the TV show is so different in many ways that it's still unique and fresh.

madeinhb

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It would if you wanted the show itself to surprise you...like you said, they follow closely, so reading the books would essentially "ruin" any surprise or fresh content the TV show would offer. Which is one of the great things about The Walking Dead...even if you've read the comics, the TV show is so different in many ways that it's still unique and fresh.

Haha mainly cause what happens in the comics can't be shown on TV lol. Like when Michonne rapes the Governor haha

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73