Zephyr

beeray

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I love that tweak but my battery drainage was huge. Could that be conflicting with bulletin? I only have ncsettings. Bulletin and ifile installed.
My son is experiencing the same problem but he has isx

Thanks
Beeray

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
That could be possible, I had ISX and it definitely drains your battery a lot. I don't know if Bulletin also sucks a lot.

Now with LockInfo 5 my battery lasts the whole day. And I have a lot of Cydia apps, tweaks and mobile substrates.

I don't think that Zephyr is draining a lot, It's always the first tweak I install after jailbreaking :p

ψ(`∇?)ψ

beeray

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I tried activator. It seems complicated to me. All I want to do is use it like a mulititasker I only want to use it to eliminate using the home button. I had it working but I kept having to go into the app to make it wok.

AmpedPotato

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I use Zephyr and it has no issues with the battery here.

I even used the top command, only 1-2% CPU usage when idle. That's no more than stock.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Use activator. It does the same thing as Zephyr
It does the same, but Zephyr is smoother and does have a lot of more options than just showing the multitaskting tray :B
I personally wouldn't use my devices without Zephyr :eek:

beeray

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I loved zephyr but I saw 18% drain in one hour and with only 2 texts. Go figure. That's why I thought it conflicted with bulletin.
I'm using activator, but zephyr really is smoother.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Zephyr is a top 5 tweak in my book. I don't use bulletin so I can't speak to that but on my iPhone 5 I only lose about 5-7% while I'm sleeping. The list is long on my JB apps but lockinfo, auxo, winterboard, Nitrous, and music controls pro are a few resource heavy item I have install. I'd expect either a compatibility issue or rogue process stuck running in the background. Have you tried re-springing to see if it helps?

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Zephyr is a top 5 tweak in my book. I don't use bulletin so I can't speak to that but on my iPhone 5 I only lose about 5-7% while I'm sleeping. The list is long on my JB apps but lockinfo, auxo, winterboard, Nitrous, and music controls pro are a few resource heavy item I have install. I'd expect either a compatibility issue or rogue process stuck running in the background. Have you tried re-springing to see if it helps?

hahaha just as j7469, I also have a very long list of Cydia apps and tweaks which includes all of his tweaks (except music control pro) and a lot of more and "only" have about 10% battery draining over night. But to be honest, I rather have a device with amazing, time saving and comfortable tweaks than a "slower" or less functional device, just to save a little battery.
And if you use amazing apps like SBProfiles and BattSaver, you can dramatically reduce wasteful battery draining. The apps automatically turn system functions on and off with defined trigger. Just sayin' :B

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Is that BattSaver any good? It's $4. Just want some advise before buying. Thanks
It's really amazing. It can "double" your battery life. It can automatically turn on and off your radios and system functions like Wi-Fi, Data, 3G, Location etc.. It also turns them on and off when you lock and unlock your device, so you're just connected to the internet when you're actually using your device.
You could say: But I wouldn't get any notifications, messages, mails etc., BUT it also turns your Wi-Fi, Data, 3G etc. on to check them. You can set an intervall, like every 3 min or every 45 min, (like I do).
There are also a lot more really great funktions, like switching to an extreme mode if your device battery level is under 15% which turns everything off to save battery.
It's one of the best Cydia apps, I can highly recommend it ;)

If you still have questions, just ask :)
I can also create some screenshots :D

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't like how when phone is in sleepover everything turns off and only checks for texts and emails every 15 or 30 minutes. So if my wife or kids need me I might not get their text till 15 minutes later.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't like how when phone is in sleepover everything turns off and only checks for texts and emails every 15 or 30 minutes. So if my wife or kids need me I might not get their text till 15 minutes later.

First of all, you can decrease the interval from the minimum of 3 min until the maximum of 2 hours. So you still save battery even if you set the interval to 3 min.

Secondly you still get phone calls and SMS, it just cuts the other radios like Wi-Fi, Location, Bluetooth etc.

ψ(`∇?)ψ

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative