Zagg Screen Protector?

iBradA5

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I am looking into screen protectors for my 4S, and I have narrowed it down to the Zagg invisibleSHIELD. More specifically, it is now between the Original, Hi-Definition, and Smudge-Proof. I am curious as to if anyone has used any of these three screen protectors and if so, what are some thoughts about them? If anyone has any issues or preferences between these three, or any other brand screen protector that is preferred, please comment! Thank you!

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I have owned and used all three. I would get the HD, it's much smoother and almost feels like glass.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

iBradA5

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I have owned and used all three. I would get the HD, it's much smoother and almost feels like glass.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Did you get the full body or the case friendly? Do you know the difference in how they are cut or would the one that's not "case friendly" work with a case?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I got the case friendly for myself but the full body for the BF (he uses a bumper or an Otterbox). Some cases without a lot of give may pull it up so if you don't care about the back, I would get the case friendly one.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Case friendly the screen protector will be cut a hair smaller to allow a lip on a case to wrap around the screen. My Speck cases don't have this lip so the case friendly versions look too small on the phone IMO.

iBradA5

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Case friendly the screen protector will be cut a hair smaller to allow a lip on a case to wrap around the screen. My Speck cases don't have this lip so the case friendly versions look too small on the phone IMO.

Is it the screen coverage that is cut short or is it the border?

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
If going Zagg I would get the HD.
We have owned a bunch of Zagg products and we really like the HD version. Nice and slick no orange peel.
You also get a lifetime warranty with Zagg. They will keep sending you new ones for as long as you wish.

It is cut a bit smaller near the edges so as not to interfere with cases… However, there is at least one case that bothers it. The Griffin Elan Form Case, which is a two piece case so perhaps all two piece cases will have this issue.

What happens is the top part of the case rides just about on the edge of the screen protector since it is cut smaller, and it can over time start to pull it up.
A little fluid though does help to put it right back down and it lasts for a good while before it starts to come up again.

One piece cases we have used have had no problems.

:)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If going Zagg I would get the HD.
We have owned a bunch of Zagg products and we really like the HD version. Nice and slick no orange peel.
You also get a lifetime warranty with Zagg. They will keep sending you new ones for as long as you wish.

It is cut a bit smaller near the edges so as not to interfere with cases? However, there is at least one case that bothers it. The Griffin Elan Form Case, which is a two piece case so perhaps all two piece cases will have this issue.

What happens is the top part of the case rides just about on the edge of the screen protector since it is cut smaller, and it can over time start to pull it up.
A little fluid though does help to put it right back down and it lasts for a good while before it starts to come up again.

One piece cases we have used have had no problems.

:)

Ditto! If the Zagg HD skin for the iPhone is anything like the one for the iPad Mini I would highly recommend it. It looks great on my Mini, doesn't show a lot of fingerprints or smudges and works good with any case type that I've tried so far.

Sent from my LTE iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Just curious as I use the Zagg HD skin, what "flaws" were you seeing with it?

The last zagg HD case friendly I had seemed to get a spec of dust into the protector. The SGP is a very nice screen protector BUT its also a finger print magnet. decided to order a Zagg HD replacement and put it on today and am very pleased to have it back on. very little fingerprints and nothing beats the clearity off a Zagg.JMO Zagg-#1 with a SGP close 2nd.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73