Youtube Playback issues in safari

anon(161369)

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
First to address the most likely question I may recieve, I don't use the Chrome browser as my only browser due to the Battery life drop it produces on my macbook air, other wise its a great browser I have been using for Years, but alas Safari seems to provide better battery results on this particular machine and so its what I am trying to use and I actually kind of like it :D, and with that I will now explain my self . So about two weeks ago I started having issues with safari when playing videos on youtube, initially i thought the issue was possibly an add on that i had installed, however I began to notice that this only ever occurred with content videos and not commercials, the videos would begin to Stutter on safari in a very noticeable manner I have attached a small clip showing the Safari browser on the left and Chrome on the right with the same video being played back, my question is has anyone else run into this? and if so is there a fix, I've attempted to Google the solution first and don't really know if its my wording or the lack or information regarding this, but none of the "fixes" I've located provide a solution.

Thanks to all the imore community for any help in advance :beer:

Youtube issue with safari - YouTube

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm I don't own a Mac

First assuming you have a good connection have you tried using the YouTube app to compare the results?

anon(161369)

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I can try and reset the whole Mac, but don't really want to take that road because I don't think there is a way to reinstall safari

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro