Your favorite music artists/bands?

emceechad

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
Fellow iPhone Blog forum users, which music artists/bands reign as your favorite?

I'm really an audiophile at heart, and enjoy most types of music (except Reggae and Country). Everything from KISS to Frank Sinatra to Rakim and to Jason Mraz, I enjoy.

What about you?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I listen to lot of REAL punk like Orange County's very own Social Distortion and Minor Threat. Not really into all of what is on the radio.

BeyondtheTech

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
I find my tastes all over the place. I find System of a Down amusing to listen to (and read their lyrics), but then I also listen to Chris Brown, Michael Buble, Daft Punk, Kanye West, Panic! at the Disco, Sean Kingston, and anything that Timbaland puts his talent on.

josie777

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
Some of my recent favorites :)

The Energy
Acid Bath
Cynic
Echo Jet
Slayer
Luke Mulholland
Foetus
Clayton Senne
Rush
Tack
Cat Powers

sailorgirl

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I've been finding some great bands through the NPR All Songs Considered Podcast. My recent fav I found through there is Vampire Weekend.

supermum

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
My Favs (that I can think of on the fly... I am sure I am missing a lot):

Social Distortion (while I wouldn't call them punk... but good taste Ash)
The Doors
Amy Winehouse
Aerosmith
AFI
Bad Religion
White Stripes
Ramones
Rolling Stones

samfoster

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi Guys,

There are many favorite artist but right now I'm listening shaun barrowes. He is excellent jazz piano player and song writer. I am floored by his songs. His galvanic music is heavenly a great relaxation to the wretched soul.

you can check out about him at shaunbarrowes.blogspot.com

Last edited:

ILBandit

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
Wow, 2 mentions of Social D., I thought I was the only one around that knew who they were! LOL
I'll do a +3 for them, great band, heck of a live show also!!

I'm mostly into the heavier stuff, new rock. But I like a little bit of the obscure stuff also, Toad the Wet Sprocket, the Cure, Frank Sinatra, George Straight, Dave Koz, basically a little bit of everything.

Going to see Metallica in Concert in just a few weeks, really looking forward to that, seen them a few times, NEVER disappointing.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
My Favs (that I can think of on the fly... I am sure I am missing a lot):

Social Distortion (while I wouldn't call them punk... but good taste Ash)
The Doors
Amy Winehouse
Aerosmith
AFI
Bad Religion
White Stripes
Ramones
Rolling Stones

Oh man... it's punk at it's finest. Granted their sound has changed but starting in 1978 take a listen that material. It's PUNK. REAL FRIGGIN PUNK. None of this garbage on the radio today. Also check out a video called Another State of Mind. Punks at their finest, including Social D. You will change your mind real quick on what is punk and what isn't.

tuna

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Going to see Metallica in Concert in just a few weeks, really looking forward to that, seen them a few times, NEVER disappointing.

I saw Metallica in '97, pretty good show. Kind of lost on me these days, though. My brothers are going to the show in Columbus in November.

I've been listening to modern rock lately. But, I go through emo days, rap days, radio punk days, r&b days, acoustic days, and Postal Service days.

Last edited:

ILBandit

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
Wow, I am so insulted that my favorite band was called not punk!!!
This is punk my friends....
Here we see a 17 year old Mike Ness... pure awesome-ness...

YouTube - Social Distortion - 1945

And here is a more recent performance...

YouTube - Telling Them

Wow, great videos. Weird seeing Mike so young, with the wild hair.
I hadn't seen them at that stage, I saw them a few years ago in Chicago, I think it was the House of Blues. ?? Probably 2-3 years ago. You see them there? Most of that night was a blur for me, LOL
One of my favorites is thier cover of "Making Believe". Love their version of that old song.

Another band that I like, a little similar is one called "Me First and the Gimee Gimme's". Ever heard of them? Mostly cover tunes, but they can take any old boring song, and rock it up.

Soc. D may not be Ramone's, or the Dead Milkmen punk, but definitely are PUNK.

Metallica kinda lost me on the St. Anger album, horrible album, but they redeemed themselves with the latest release of Death Magnetic. They are back to the "old school" sound again.

Can't wait to see them in Moline, looking forward to all the old Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning, And justice for All stuff.

Last edited:

ILBandit

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
man, thanks alot Ash, I was sitting down to catch up some work tonight, and have been addicted to watching all the Soc. D videos on YouTube for the past hour now!! LOL
I can see now, this isn't going to be a very productive night.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Wow, great videos. Weird seeing Mike so young, with the wild hair.

I hadn't seen them at that stage, I saw them a few years ago in Chicago, I think it was the House of Blues. ?? Probably 2-3 years ago. You see them there? Most of that night was a blur for me, LOL
One of my favorites is thier cover of "Making Believe". Love their version of that old song.

Another band that I like, a little similar is one called "Me First and the Gimee Gimme's". Ever heard of them? Mostly cover tunes, but they can take any old boring song, and rock it up.

Soc. D may not be Ramone's, or the Dead Milkmen punk, but definitely are PUNK.

Metallica kinda lost me on the St. Anger album, horrible album, but they redeemed themselves with the latest release of Death Magnetic. They are back to the "old school" sound again.

Can't wait to see them in Moline, looking forward to all the old Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning, And justice for All stuff.

Social D is the very best of Orange County punk. Many different styles of punk music. You have the new york punk, West Coast Punk, etc...

Social D comes to House of Blues usually for 3 shows at a time. And I'm usually there 2 out of the three and you will always find me first in line hours before the show with my buddies and right next to the stage when the show begins... :cool: Yes I am a little Social D obsessed...

And I didn't see them that early either... I was born a year before they first formed the band. :p

Last edited:

BrianTuneUp

Nov 12, 2008
Visit site
Great calls all around with the Social D. Also josie777 , FANTASTIC call with cynic. One of the most underrated bands in existence...I have too many albums to list. But recently my favorites have been :

The Polar Bear Club
ISIS
Bring Me The Horizon
This Will Destroy You
The Trainwreck Riders
M83
The Knife
Jesu
Kanye West
Gangstarr

By the way...hello. I am newbie so it is a pleasure to be here with fellow Iphone enthusiasts.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal