Yahoo vs. Google

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Which iPhone app do you like better yahoo or google and who's website do you like better. (This is two questions. )

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
Funny you should ask. I recently gave my 1st gen iPhone to my mom, and yesterday she asked me to change her default search engine to google, from yahoo.

Like me, she and I use Yahoo for email and My.Yahoo.com for our homepage. But I too prefer google's search engine. I just never expected my mom to have a preference!

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
That is funny... yeah, I noticed the same thing with my mom. She used to Yahoo everything and now it"s "Google it"

I started an account with Yahoo over 10 years ago and that is the main reason I am still with them. I have folders set up with a lot of mail stored. I have a Google account, but it's mainly used for being a Mod on CB. I one day hope to make the switch, especially if the iPhone gets push for Gmail.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Listening to TWiT, when Google went down, people tried using Yahoo! and didn't like it as much. 80% now default to Google. They own the internet. Very scary.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Listening to TWiT, when Google went down, people tried using Yahoo! and didn't like it as much. 80% now default to Google. They own the internet. Very scary.

That is scary... I like Google's interface as well. The Web App is beautiful!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Google is the new Microsoft.

That's true. In the old days, if Windows and/or Office crashed, you couldn't work. Now when Google goes down, can't search for web sites (many people do that rather then bookmark or type URLs), lose email if it's on Gmail or Google accounts, sites using Adsense might go down...

It can be literally like your ISP is down or you're off the internet.

jbmoney13

May 28, 2009
Visit site
I don't use either app, i just use safari with yahoo as my homepage. Reason being I like to see whats new, and Yahoo always has a news section right on the homepage. and if i want to use googles search engine, its right there on the top right hand corner of the screen.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner