Y’all getting Twitter push notifications

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I know there’s Twitter hate but sometimes there’s breaking news there first so I like the notifications even though I hardly tweet. I notice I’m not getting them! Anybody else! I checked notifications and I have them set!

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I know there’s Twitter hate but sometimes there’s breaking news there first so I like the notifications even though I hardly tweet. I notice I’m not getting them! Anybody else! I checked notifications and I have them set!

Should be a all social media hate. I wouldn’t believe anything much from any of those sources. Look at the news providers web pages instead.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Should be a all social media hate. I wouldn’t believe anything much from any of those sources. Look at the news providers web pages instead.

You get the news on Twitter quicker than traditional sites, which apparently now also get some of the news from Twitter .

Reactions: grover5

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Some of the news is questionable but I follow them on social or their apps. But I take it you just came to hate, you don’t have Twitter and can answer my question?

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I have notifications tuned off for Twitter.

I would try switching notifications off and on, if that fails delete the app and reinstall it.

I have them on because I don’t actually go on there unless I see a tweet I want to follow. Actually, I did that! Nothing. I was thinking about deleting it. I guess I’ll do that then!

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I have them on because I don’t actually go on there unless I see a tweet I want to follow. Actually, I did that! Nothing. I was thinking about deleting it. I guess I’ll do that then!

I think this is a Twitter issue. I don’t use notifications on Twitter. But considering how it’s falling apart under Elmo, I would assume this is another example of inept ownership.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
You get the news on Twitter quicker than traditional sites, which apparently now also get some of the news from Twitter .

Twitter unreliable source. We were fine getting news from broadcast stations before all this problem social media was invented by these peeps.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Twitter unreliable source. We were fine getting news from broadcast stations before all this problem social media was invented by these peeps.

From my experience the news is usually unverified but not necessarily unreliable, especially tech news and you get to read it before it gets published on more established sites.

Don’t remember the last time I got news from a broadcast station, not since the introduction of rss feeds.

Reactions: blessed2bamommie

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Means the creators of these useless social media programmes allow their users to write fake news or any other rubbish that creates problems.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok so deleting seems to always work! They’re back! Thanks for the actual help! There were a couple events that I would have seen a tweet from in times past faster than the news outlets. I like that. I also do follow news outlets.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I think this is a Twitter issue. I don’t use notifications on Twitter. But considering how it’s falling apart under Elmo, I would assume this is another example of inept ownership.

I guess it depends on what side you’re on which is obvious. I just want the notifications back. I have them set just like any other app and expect them. Deleting worked. Hopefully they will stay.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Means the creators of these useless social media programmes allow their users to write fake news or any other rubbish that creates problems.

Just like broadcasted news.

Don’t know what that has to do with tech leaks, but 8 out of 10 tech leaks are released through Twitter first before published or broadcast news report on it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods