Xiaomi temperature device + iPhone

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi, anyone tried to use this devices from xiaomi?
I just ordered and I'm trying to find if it connects fine with iPhone, since they have an iOS app. Or are you using another app, since the device is bluetooth?

the app is:
https://www.gearbest.com/robot-vacuum-accessories/pp_1306883.html

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Reviews don't look very favorable.
That's right. But the reviews are for the full app features, that involves control the systems out of home... I just want use the temperature feature, without gateway.
To me, seems to cheap to work. Let's see if someone says it works, and when I receive it, I give feedback too.

genepop

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
That's right. But the reviews are for the full app features, that involves control the systems out of home... I just want use the temperature feature, without gateway.
To me, seems to cheap to work. Let's see if someone says it works, and when I receive it, I give feedback too.

The device itself is pretty neat, and works fine to show temperature and humidity of its surroundings in Mijia app on my iPhone, though that’s pretty much it unless you have other xiaomi smart devices to automate with. However, I do have most of the xiaomi smart system in placed including the gateway and a security cam, so not sure if that’s why the device works fine with iPhone, coz the device is actually connected to the Bluetooth Gateway on the security cam then feed to my phone instead of via Bluetooth directly to my phone.

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
The device itself is pretty neat, and works fine to show temperature and humidity of its surroundings in Mijia app on my iPhone, though that’s pretty much it unless you have other xiaomi smart devices to automate with. However, I do have most of the xiaomi smart system in placed including the gateway and a security cam, so not sure if that’s why the device works fine with iPhone, coz the device is actually connected to the Bluetooth Gateway on the security cam then feed to my phone instead of via Bluetooth directly to my phone.

Can you connect the temperature sensor directly to the iphone?