• iPhone 15 : The iPhone 15 makes up for a disappointing iPhone 14. Here's all the details.
    • iPhone 15 Pro: Going beyond the Dynamic Island, Apple's pro smartphone goes big on gaming.
    • iPhone 15 Pro Max: That periscope camera makes its debut on Apple's most-premium handset.
    • Apple Watch Series 9: With a new chip teased, it proves just an iterative year for Apple's long-standing wearable.
    • Apple Watch Ultra 2: Another modest update for Apple's top-tier rugged wearable sequel.
    • iOS 17: Our favorite new iPhone software improvements, all in one place.
    • watchOS 10: A significant upgrade for Apple's Watch software makes even older Apple Watches feel new again.

XBMC for new apple tv

iamtone

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
i have an apple tv not really understanding the value of XBMC

i have airflick for mac streaming to my appletv

dorthensensens

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Instead of having a server convert the video and possibly downgrade the quality , xbmc plays the video natively. Also you don't need a beefy server to convert the videos. It could just be a simple file server or perhaps in the future a USB attached harddrive.

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Though many users use Netflix and airflick to stream videos for my Apple TV, but this is a good news for much more users especially those xbox owners.
This "decoding our 1080p HD content, complete with hardware acceleration, on Apple's ARM silicon, and with only occasional choppiness." is very nice.

dorthensensens

May 11, 2009
Visit site
The only choppiness I get i with my HD wmv files of 1080p. It plays my 1080p mkv with h.264 codecs without issue. My one complaint is that the output of the Apple TV is only 720p in spite of the video resolution of the file being played.

iamtone

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
The only choppiness I get i with my HD wmv files of 1080p. It plays my 1080p mkv with h.264 codecs without issue. My one complaint is that the output of the Apple TV is only 720p in spite of the video resolution of the file being played.

i dont think that is true.. i dont think the apple tv dumbs down ur 1080p video that you streaming thru xbmc

natively the apple tv plays 720 with itunes videos and things

but when u jailbreak it and push 1080 videos to it it pushes that same 1080 thru to your tv

dorthensensens

May 11, 2009
Visit site
i dont think that is true.. i dont think the apple tv dumbs down ur 1080p video that you streaming thru xbmc

natively the apple tv plays 720 with itunes videos and things

but when u jailbreak it and push 1080 videos to it it pushes that same 1080 thru to your tv

No this is not correct. The Apple TV is hardware limited to 720p. In fact, my television will display what the source video resolution is and Apple TV only outputs 720p.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacksilk Studio44