X with FID OFF.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't leave phones unlocked. I did years ago but not anymore... Way too much stuff on the phone for it to just be open for me making a human mistake.

Way back I would still use any protection that the device had as inconvenient as it was even now I use a custom alphanumeric passcode instead of the six digit code

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Exactly.

Thanks for all the concern though guys re security. I wouldn't keep anything on a phone that i was worried about being stolen. Good luck if you do.

If a hacker gets your phone and pretends to be you they can go thru your contacts and reak havoc.

Why take the chance

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
But i don't need security i prefer easy access.

I never said YOU did .. Did I? ;). I said you brought up a password / security feature on the forum so people will discuss .. a password/security feature.

If they are that sure why have a no password at all then and why make it so you have to swipe up anyway to open, anyone can grab your phone and point it at your face and run off, thats not secure.

Not sure what that has to do with them marketing it as a password since Face ID is uh.. really only used to secure the phone from unauthorized access. It doesn't just scan your face to show you a selfie pic of the scan so .. Yeah... you lost me here :p.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
FID is just another supposedly new easier way to unlock your phone, before TID and FID there was just a password no, plenty of people didn't use it as was a pain, depending on how you use you phone its a even bigger pain with FID.

It's been a week now such a great phone with FID off.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I never said YOU did .. Did I? . I said you brought up a password / security feature on the forum so people will discuss .. a password/security feature.

I never even mentioned security in my OP if you read it, was all about opening the phone.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
also to open it, unauthorised access? It's a phone not your house :)

Unauthorized access isn't a term only for houses so .. Not sure your point but okay :p.

FID is just another supposedly new easier way to unlock your phone, before TID and FID there was just a password no, plenty of people didn't use it as was a pain, depending on how you use you phone its a even bigger pain with FID.

It's been a week now such a great phone with FID off.

Key word: unlock. Why lock things? To secure them ;).

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I never even mentioned security in my OP if you read it, was all about opening the phone.

It doesn't matter -- the idea is it revolves around security. As you said in your previous post "FID it to unlock the phone" which locks are used to secure. If I say "Man look at my truck so awesome!" I am sure some people would talk about that and others would go "Oh man a truck? What about gas mileage?" even though gas mileage wasn't mentioned by me.

Either way... I won't be playing the semantics game with you anymore. As I said previously security is part of the topic. Maybe not for you personally but others are allowed to chime in with their concerns/comments. Otherwise it wouldn't really be much of a forum/conversation, would it? If you just want to write about a topic with no input from other people a blog or something of that nature would be a better use for this versus a forum where conversation is encouraged.

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
All the people I have given my phone number to, not once have I even thought "do they have their phone secure?" And I mean, who would even ask that? You might be surprised to find out how many people don't have any security on their phone, simply because they find it to be an annoyance. Most of us are tech people and we cringe at it, but it happens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77