WWDC, So no iphone 4s? iphone 5 this fall with ios5?

sufan8911

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I am confused...WWDC goes all week..why is everyone on the live blog acting like its over? Cant apple still announce a new iphone 4s later in week? If not im guessing this means no iphone 4s this summer? And next iphone will be iphone 5 in fall with ios 5? Thanks.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Well, most if not everything new and exciting gets announced today (the first day) and over the course of the week is the hands on/questions time for devs.

As for the next iPhone, no one really knows but some of the reliable sources I know are indicating Sept/October..

sufan8911

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Alright thank you for that, I was going to upgrade but wanted to see what Apple had to say at WWDC, I figured there would be an iphone 5 this fall, but wasnt really sure if there would be a 4s this summer...so if no 4s this summer i dont think I can wait till fall even if it is iphone 5... iphone 4 here i come LOL.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Alright thank you for that, I was going to upgrade but wanted to see what Apple had to say at WWDC, I figured there would be an iphone 5 this fall, but wasnt really sure if there would be a 4s this summer...so if no 4s this summer i dont think I can wait till fall even if it is iphone 5... iphone 4 here i come LOL.

I mean I would wait.. fall isn't exactly far off.. if you've waited this long, whats a few more months? (Athough it will more than likely be more of refresh - not a complete makeover, but still probably be worth the wait & upgrade..)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I mean I would wait.. fall isn't exactly far off.. if you've waited this long, whats a few more months? (Athough it will more than likely be more of refresh - not a complete makeover, but still probably be worth the wait & upgrade..)

yeah word on the street is its just a refresh. Makes it easy to wait for fall. I'm more eager for OS 5.0 then the new hardware.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
yeah word on the street is its just a refresh. Makes it easy to wait for fall. I'm more eager for OS 5.0 then the new hardware.

Seems pretty ridiculous that it's delayed until fall for just a minor refresh? If it's not a huge upgrade with stuff like a larger screen then it's gonna get some pretty bad press.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Seems pretty ridiculous that it's delayed until fall for just a minor refresh? If it's not a huge upgrade with stuff like a larger screen then it's gonna get some pretty bad press.

My guess is so its doesnt come out 4 months after Vzn released the 4. Even if its just a refresh, there would be a lot of upset customers. Just a guess and I could totally be wrong on my reasoning. I dont see any other reason why.

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site

I agree, it's pretty @#$@# up we have to wait till the fall for a 'minor' update over the iPhone 4, I'm speaking as a iPhone 3GS owner that's been waiting to upgrade as typically new iPhones were released in June and my upgrade became available in February 26th.

I'm excited about the new features of iOS5 but disappointed we have to wait till the fall for both iOS5 and the new iPhone. I really hope the new iPhone is more then just a minor refresh over the iPhone 4 otherwise it really isn't worth them making people wait.

Pithex

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
My guess is so its doesnt come out 4 months after Vzn released the 4. Even if its just a refresh, there would be a lot of upset customers.

Childish. "I just bought my iphone a few months ago! Nobody else is allowed to buy a new one either!"

Come on, that can't be the reason why they delayed it.

railstop

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
A delay like this would account for a few things, I'm sure none of which would include "because the white iPhone just came out" or "VZW just got the iP4". If Apple knew their next iPhone was going to be out today, I'm sure they would have held off, especially on the white iPhone.
Releasing a major iOS release on a new iPhone plus a shift in release schedules may have been a major reason. iPhone 5 available, with iOS5. very nice in my opinion.

Last edited:

oNly1pHone

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Where is all of this negativity and speculation coming from? Nobody has a clue as to what the iPhone 5 will be! Constantly hearing it'll just be a minor refresh and not worth waiting for and getting upset at it just being a refresh is totally ridiculous! Nobody knows!! Gees, I'm sure it'll be another great phone! More than likely ground breaking but if not then so be it! I personally can't wait for it and am very excited for it but if I have to wait until fall then I will! Ground breaking or not I can't wait! No need in continually trying to justify your current phone no matter what it is. If you're satisfied with what you have then great, if not then gear up for the iPhone 5!! I'm very satisfied with mine but am still gonna grab the new one once available!

Last edited:

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
It's been said for a while that Apple wanted to move the iPhone release announcements off of WWDC, and with the recent release of the VZW iPhone, and the announcement that AT&T and VZW will release together, it seems like a good time to do just that.

If I were a betting man, I would say that we're going to start seeing the phones released at the same time as the new iPods in the fall. I could see Apple turning it into more of an "iOS" device type event, sans iPad.

baharharre

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Expect it in this September, I think this will going to be huge event may be iphone 5 and ipad 3 and iOS everything coming together.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My guess is so its doesnt come out 4 months after Vzn released the 4. Even if its just a refresh, there would be a lot of upset customers. Just a guess and I could totally be wrong on my reasoning. I dont see any other reason why.

I agree with you here partly. If Apple came out with the iPhone 5 within 4 months of the iPhone 4, I think there would be an awful lot of unhappy customers. But I also think iOS5 is playing a big part in this delay as well.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox