WWDC 2017 Predictions?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Well - WWDC 2017 is coming up June 5th to 9th in San Jose. The event will be here before we know it. So, what do you think we're going to see? ANY hardware announcements at all? Or just the typical software/dev announcements that we usually see each year?

Would love to see a 'one more thing' type announcement - hey, you never know!!

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
WWDC is normally a pretty big event with LOTS of stuff packed into a short time slot :) I did hear some rumours about Apple working on a 'Social Networking App' with the emphasis on sharing videos. So that would be interesting to see. BUT For this year, I'm expecting the following

1) An update for the Apple Watch (software). I remember last year when they were showing loading times between OS 2 and OS 3. There were some really big improvements. So thats the one thing I'm looking for. I'm sure there are a host of new features.

2) A new Mac OS version / Update. The big thing last year was the change in the name. Im sure they will be building in new features for the touch bar to allow developers to be more creative :)

3) A new IOS Version / Update. With a couple improvements here and there.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure we'll see glimpses of the next iOS version as well as get the opportunity to download the dev beta shortly after the event, but I'm not sure about hardware.

Valinorean

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
I wouldn't say this is a prediction, but what I'm really HOPING for is a massive improvement to Siri. I very much enjoy using Siri, but the software is not consistent. I ask the weather one day and it will say only the temperature. A few minutes later that same day it will say the temperature and that it's going to rain. I would like to have the whole forecast, not just the temperature. I am tired of apologizing for Siri. I want her to excel and to exceed the abilities of all the other AI assistants out there.