WOW, Those Watch Apps Are Space Hogs!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I noticed my available storage space had gone south. After checking everything I've discovered one huge culprit are all the Apps that have updated for the Watch. Some a lot. Not good for those with 16 gb phones. OneDrive has gone from about 65 mb to 142 mb. Camera+ has gone from 54 mb to 77 mb. Is this fair to the majority of iPhone users who will not use the Watch? Should developers make separate stand alone apps for the Watch? If you're not getting the Watch, what is your take on this? Many apps are increasing in size with no benefit for you.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for pointing this out. I have a 128GB iPhone, so I usually don't think too much about space. However, you bring up a good point regarding those not purchasing an Apple Watch.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Just another reason 8 and 16gb phones should be no more. Luckily for me with a 64gb iPhone I don't have this worry, but that is a shame the apps get that much larger just adding apple watch support in.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you even though I have an 128 GB phone. But I don think the devs with make more than one app for people not using the watch. I just think it's too much work for them.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you even though I have an 128 GB phone. But I don think the devs with make more than one app for people not using the watch. I just think it's too much work for them.

Agree. Maybe in future updates they will be able to "trim some of the bloat" off the app sizes for those with lower storage iPhone models.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

It surprised me a bit on some of the increases. I'm sure they had no choice. But it certainly does add to the case for doing away with the 16 gb phone.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2