Would you want to check your watch as much as your phone?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I thought this was an interesting read and wanted to share.

Why Phone Notifications Don't Belong On Your Wrist

http://readwrite.com/2015/03/10/death-to-smartphone-notifications-on-smartwatch

The thread question can give the impression that people dislike checking their phones. Personally, I do not dislike checking my phone. In fact, I look forward to checking my phone for things like weather forecast and conditions, new iMessages & SMS messages, new email, phone calls, etcetera, and if I was interested in buying an Watch, I'm sure I'd feel the same way.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I agree ^^^ half the fun of buying new tech is checking it. I don't think anyone who would find the watch annoying would buy one

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the problem lies with checking notifications on your wrist, I think the problem is just managing notifications in general.

Some people allow push notifications for everything. I only allow push notifications for certain apps, so if I do get an Watch, I won't be overwhelmed by notifications on it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the problem lies with checking notifications on your wrist, I think the problem is just managing notifications in general.

Some people allow push notifications for everything. I only allow push notifications for certain apps, so if I do get an Watch, I won't be overwhelmed by notifications on it.

I'm in agreement. Far too many people do not go through the settings on their device or apps. Doing so could save them unnecessary battery drainage, data usage and unnecessary notifications, in my opinion....:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner