Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I'd get an SE if it was updated with a new screen, new TID, and an impossible wish— 3D Touch. The latter will never happen. With the advent of Face ID, I'm thinking the SE may not in line for any upgrades at all.

I have a 5s and it's a great phone, and to my eyes, the best looking form factor of any iPhone. Or any phone for that matter. The SE doesn't have as nice a finish for the metal band but maybe some time with a buffing wheel...

The SE still strikes me as a little pricey for what it offers.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn’t mind getting an updated SE.
The only problem I’ll have is that I won’t be using my iPhone as much, the screen is too small for my eyes.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I'd get an SE if it was updated with a new screen, new TID, and an impossible wish— 3D Touch. The latter will never happen. With the advent of Face ID, I'm thinking the SE may not in line for any upgrades at all.

I have a 5s and it's a great phone, and to my eyes, the best looking form factor of any iPhone. Or any phone for that matter. The SE doesn't have as nice a finish for the metal band but maybe some time with a buffing wheel...

The SE still strikes me as a little pricey for what it offers.

If you look around, there have been some great deals for the iPhone SE; prices under $200. These are typically deal carriers are offering, such as Boost selling the phone for $159, Verizon Prepaid (Fry's Electronics) for $199, and AT&T Prepaid (Best Buy) for $219. They do go on sale quite often -- though since these are typically through carriers, you need to fulfill whatever terms that carrier has set up before getting the phone unlocked.

It does appear that we are seeing clearance deals on the SE -- I do suspect there will be a new SE released this Spring.

BBerryPowerUser

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
i bought an SE (32 Gig Gray) recently for $150 out the door for my 2nd line. For that price, it's an amazing phone. My primary line has an iPhone 8. Yes, going from an 8 to an SE means a smaller screen and lower specs, but the performance of the SE is not bad at all. And I adjust rather quickly to the smaller screen real estate.

Plus the SE tucks into pockets easily and the accessories (screen protectors and cases) seem to be less expensive.

Yes, I'd buy a 4" iPhone SE because I just did. :yes:

etad putta

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
For me, phone screen size has become even less important as i have blended into the Apple system. My ipad is my media consumption device, Apple watch does the majority of my mobile functioning. Windows pc for other needs. Siri handles a lot of texting and calls. Phone hardly gets looked at. SE all the way baby!!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
For me, phone screen size has become even less important as i have blended into the Apple system. My ipad is my media consumption device, Apple watch does the majority of my mobile functioning. Windows pc for other needs. Siri handles a lot of texting and calls. Phone hardly gets looked at. SE all the way baby!!

I feel the same way.
My 9.7 iPad Pro can go with me rather easily if I need a true larger screen experience. Otherwise there is no reason to carry a brick in my pocket for true mobility. The SE fits that bill (for me) perfectly.

BBerryPowerUser

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site

This is a good argument for me as well. When I recently bought my SE (2nd line) I thought I'd have a problem adjusting to the screen size going back and forth from my iPhone 8. I don't (as I posted earlier). But one of the reasons why is that I DO use my iPad for media consumption, and in fact, for texts and emails. The SE (and actually the iPhone 8 as well on my primary line) become the conduit and not the final device much of the time. Conduit in that they are the cellular devices. My iPads do not have cellular capability.

I'm glad you posted this because I probably would not have thought of it.

juniorswv

Jun 26, 2018
Visit site
I have had a se for 3 months(am 70 and hard of hearing)..started with first moto e,then moto 2 gen,then moto e 4..wife uses samsung....for myself i can hear better on the iphone se better than any of the other phones...yes i am cheap...picked up the se for 99 bucks through Total Wireless...liked the size of the first moto e...this phone works great am happy with it...

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Using the iPhone 8 with 256gb of int storage & the SE with 128gb of int storage. I switch back and forth. I have large hands but I like a smaller phone.
I also have the ipad mini 2 & the new iPad mini 5. The mini 2 has 128gb of int storage & the mini 5 has 256gb of int storage.
I think I'm seeing a pattern developing
Thank You
Vinny