Would you ever consider downsizing to the regular iPhone size?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I am hoping with the 8 they shrink the bezels and move the dual camera to the smaller model just like they brought OIS to the smaller model. I tried a plus and it is just unwieldy for one hand use. So for now it is the 7 and the apple battery case.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Eww, no. I had the iPhone 7 and it has terrible battery life. I upgraded to the 7 Plus and I'll never go back.

Far from "terrible" If you think the 7 has terrible battery you should have used the 6/6s and see how awful the battery truly was with those devices.

James See

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
The only thing that I like from smaller phones is that you can hold them nicely with one hand. But aside from that I prefer doing all my stuff with a bigger phone, so its a no for me.:)

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
Every now and then I feel a smaller device would fit better in my hand and pocket. But, when I grab my iPhone 7 Plus to use it, am quickly reminded why I bought it

G.4

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I did consider before upgrading to the 7, actually. But in the end, I just couldn't do it. I admit there are times the Plus is a bit unwieldy (especially with a case), but I just love the bigger screen and especially the battery life.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Never would I get a small screened phone again... plus the screen resolution on the 7 is terrible... i really hope they update the PPI for iphone 8 or whatever it will be called. I do alot of work email on my phone so smaller screens dont work for me...
Ive always had a Note phone or the plus model of the iphone.

KarmelVixen

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
No I couldn't go back to the smaller size. I use my phone way to much to read books & do other things. I would have eye strain to the point my vision would get super blurry an it would cause me to have a massive headache. As soon as I switched to the plus that problem disappeared.

Ziich47

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes. I am seriously considering doing so during the next iteration of iphones. The plus' bezels is just too big for the display size making the phone quite unwieldy.

LDYNREDD

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I have had my 7+ for a couple weeks now and I am very happy switch the size. I came from a Blackberry Z30 so I would not go smaller. I even find myself not using my iPad Air as much as I used to because the screen size of the 7+ is great.

Shahzad Ghani One

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
I have gone back n forth with both of them. Last 2 years I had the Plus variant but around summer of '16 I got tired of the weight and sheer size of the Plus so I got the 6s. Gotta say I absolutely loved the portability of the 4.7 inch form factor along with all the other positives. But when the 7 came I immediately got the Plus for the better screen, dual camera system, extra 1GB of ram. After a week of using the 7 Plus I went got the smaller one just to compare the both in real day to day use. Loved the smaller form factor again but the fact that it was lacking some features from the Plus I gave it back.

But now that I reflect on having the Plus, the only thing that I really enjoy is the extra battery life. Never used the portrait mode, hardly use the telephoto lens (its not useful in low light) and that extra 1GB of ram seems redundant.

So yeah here I am thinking of getting the 7 again (I have a disease ��) and staying with it for sometime.

Used 7 plus for 2 months but got camera blackout problem and was offered regular iphone 7 in exchange i did not hesitate a bit because i did never used portrait mode and while extra real estate and battery were good but at times i felt like holding a huge slab in my hands all the time ... iphone 7 is a different story though u get all features except a gig of ram and extra battery battery but on the bright side it charges fast .... yesterday played few 4 k videos on youtube on my regular 7 and it blows my mind how good it was on such small screen!

mpshah

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Used 7 plus for 2 months but got camera blackout problem and was offered regular iphone 7 in exchange i did not hesitate a bit because i did never used portrait mode and while extra real estate and battery were good but at times i felt like holding a huge slab in my hands all the time ... iphone 7 is a different story though u get all features except a gig of ram and extra battery battery but on the bright side it charges fast .... yesterday played few 4 k videos on youtube on my regular 7 and it blows my mind how good it was on such small screen!

I hear you. But having said that I went back to the plus just for the screen real estate. I found the 7 a little small when consuming media like YouTube, etc.

But like I said, I do have a disease so I'm pretty sure I'll be going back n forth between the two.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I went from a 6 Plus to a 7. So, yes. Battery took a hit, but being able to hold it in one hand and it being able to fit in my pocket is enough of a tradeoff for me.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Tried the bigger form factor with the 6 plus. Way too big for my liking. I always briefly think about going to the plus and end up sticking with the regular. Can't handle the size. When there are more amazing features on the pluses, I may switch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox