Would you ever consider downsizing to the regular iPhone size?

Matty Wack

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
I've gone Plus size for the first time with the iPhone 7. Actually upgraded from the 5s as well. I was undecided for the longest time, but knew that I wanted the Portrait mode when Apple released the early Beta and I could see what it was capable of. The extra battery life is a huge bonus and I would be hard pressed to go back to a smaller form factor for that reason alone.

The biggest difference is that I'm now going caseless, micro-abrasions be damned!

jorge Hewitson

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
If I have thought more than once, I like the big screen when it comes to playing and reading, but when it comes to sending messages or trying to use the iphone with one hand is complicated for me, at that moment I wish that the screen shrink, I have been tempted by an Iphone SE

ak_r7

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Curious question I have here as I've been a Plus user for some time... But lately I've tried out a few other phones (including the iPhone 7) at the smaller, easier to hold size. Would you ever consider downsizing to the smaller form factor, or is the tricked out camera and massive battery life too much for you to pass up?

Having used for IP6+ and IP6, i would always prefer 6. Perfect size, easy to carry in jeans/shorts and less fear of dropping it.
The + has it's advantages - bigger battery, camera etc but i don't find them showstoppers in real world.
The smaller model charges quickly and pics are good enough.
But again, it's my personal opinion :)

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I have both the 7 and 7+ and I prefer my 7+ due to screen size and battery life. Some of my work jeans have smaller pockets so the 7 fits a little better but my normal jeans all have good size pockets where it doesn't bother me.

mpshah

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I have gone back n forth with both of them. Last 2 years I had the Plus variant but around summer of '16 I got tired of the weight and sheer size of the Plus so I got the 6s. Gotta say I absolutely loved the portability of the 4.7 inch form factor along with all the other positives. But when the 7 came I immediately got the Plus for the better screen, dual camera system, extra 1GB of ram. After a week of using the 7 Plus I went got the smaller one just to compare the both in real day to day use. Loved the smaller form factor again but the fact that it was lacking some features from the Plus I gave it back.

But now that I reflect on having the Plus, the only thing that I really enjoy is the extra battery life. Never used the portrait mode, hardly use the telephoto lens (its not useful in low light) and that extra 1GB of ram seems redundant.

So yeah here I am thinking of getting the 7 again (I have a disease ��) and staying with it for sometime.

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
For one handed use in texting I either use SwiftKey for swiping or the stock keyboards excellent voice to text engine.
For two handed writing always the stock keyboard!

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Curious question I have here as I've been a Plus user for some time... But lately I've tried out a few other phones (including the iPhone 7) at the smaller, easier to hold size. Would you ever consider downsizing to the smaller form factor, or is the tricked out camera and massive battery life too much for you to pass up?

I love the smaller variant. The standard iPhone 7. It's just the perfect size to hold and is still portable. It seems the Plus variant always comes with the new features and while it is tempting, it would just be too rage for me so i would always go with the smaller one even if i lose one or 2 features.

I also tried the iPhone SE and wow, thats thing is small when you compare it to the 7 Plus :D

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
After holding out, I've moved to the 7+ a few days ago. For me the issue was my iPhone 6s going flat by 3pm every day, making it mandatory to carry the battery case. When I looked at the iPhone 7 with the battery case v the iPhone 7+ side by side.........it really wasn't that hard to make the choice to go large.

The comfort of typing and increased screen realestate is well worth it also, but for me it's all about battery life and how it feels in my pocket.........the iPhone 7+ is just better (for me) than the normal iPhone 7.

That said, I suspect that if they could get the iPhone 7S or 8 to a point where I can reliably get through a full day, I'd consider going back......but I'm not convinced I would.

niharikasarma

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
I have small hands, and had an iPhone 6 Plus gifted to me after using the Samsung Note 4 for a year. I was desperately tired of the weight and the uncomfortable way it rested in my hand. My mom had an iPhone 5 that I just love, and my dad's iPhone 6S is also a great size. The way I see it, the battery that comes with the bigger phones is actually more than I need. I would just love to go back to smaller phones. Considering that every other company is coming out these phablets, I think Apple should go back to their original design and make smaller phones.

Fable

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
I love my 7+ but I do think its just a little too big to fit comfortably in a front pocket. My iPhone 9 (next time im due for an upgrade) will probably be smaller. But I will be rocking this one out for a while.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I bought my son an iphone 7 and loved the form factor. I could switch to it except for the fact that I like the camera and battery life better on the 7+. He carries around an ipad charging brick with him wherever he goes. No thanks.

Swapnil Vartak

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
The biggest reason that keeps me from going to the smaller iPhone is the smaller battery size and resulting lower on screen time...That's a huge factor, especially with my wifi / cellular data always on...

olearydan

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
The only reason to go to the smaller size is portability. If my use case changed where I wanted or needed a more compact phone that would fit better in a smaller space/pocket I would do it. I personally don't physically talk on my phone that much, so holding a larger phone to my head isn't a problem, but if I became more involved in phone sales or conversations I could see the use of a smaller size phone.

G.4

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I did consider it recently, but ultimately I just cannot. I love the larger screen, larger battery, and the better camera. It is a bit unwieldy at times, but so worth it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox