Would you buy a iPhone case that would allow you to use a headphone jack while charging your phone?

Worldsaidhi

Feb 7, 2018
Visit site
Would you buy an affordable case for an iPhone that has a 3.5mm headphone jack that would allow you to listen to music while charging your iPhone instead of using a splitter box that could be lost.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I've adjusted to my wireless headphones and that's honestly all I care to use. I have three different pairs that I bounce between so when the battery may die on one, I move to the next. I primarily use my wireless headphones at my desk. It would be extremely inconvenient to have my headphones connected to my device as my phone may be in one place and I'm in a completely different area at my desk. In my car I have bluetooth and in my wifes care I have bluetooth and USB connections available. I honestly have zero need for a headphone jack now in general. The off situations where I would like one are rare and not frequent enough to justify purchasing a case with a headphone jack.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Would you buy an affordable case for an iPhone that has a 3.5mm headphone jack that would allow you to listen to music while charging your iPhone instead of using a splitter box that could be lost.

Greetings and salutations. Welcome to iMore.

I've been using bluetooth for years, even when the iPhone had the audio jack, but just like @Quis89 said, I have several pair of bluetooth headsets (yes, one of them are AirPods) and also have bt in mine and my wife's cars, so wired headsets, to me, are a thing of the past.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I might but it depends on the design. It would have to be attractive and it would help if it had a quality head amp and DAC in it. Perhaps some flavor of ESS Sabre. Audiophiles tend to prefer wired audio so there might be a market but honestly products like the AudioQuest DragonFly Red and Black serve that market pretty well.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Personally, no. The only time I want to charge my phone while listening to music is for trips in the car. The splitter stays on the end of the aux cable which is plugged inside of the center armrest. I don't listen to music on my phone anywhere else but the car.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I doubt it. I mean, I’m one of those who typically use a Bluetooth headsets/AirPods. Besides, it’s a nonissue for people with a wireless charging base, in my opinion. Still, I’m sure a decent amount of people would be interested.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
By the way.... welcome to iMore! I hope you find the help you're looking for! When you get a chance, please take a minute to introduce yourself here!