Would selling the watch without a band speed up deliveries?

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Is weird as it sounds, I think if the watch was sold without a band people would get their watches quicker. They can order the band separately.

What do you think?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
It's not practical if you saw the unboxing videos  is a visual presentation company and it wouldn't bod well with its customers but I do understand where your coming from

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Maybe, but are there any reports that indicate that the bands are in short supply or something?

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
True..... but thats better than waiting 4 weeks for the watch and band combined.

why though you would not be able to use it.

and i do not see apple ever doing this as that would impact customer experience and they want it to be a good experience even if that means taking longer.

this is one area watches like the moto 360 have huge advantage right now i am stuck wearing this bright green sport band but with the 360 i can buy any other 22mm watch band and have it swapped. although once the bands are more available i am certain i will prefer the apple bands. i already have my leather loop ordered.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
why though you would not be able to use it.

and i do not see apple ever doing this as that would impact customer experience and they want it to be a good experience even if that means taking longer.

this is one area watches like the moto 360 have huge advantage right now i am stuck wearing this bright green sport band but with the 360 i can buy any other 22mm watch band and have it swapped. although once the bands are more available i am certain i will prefer the apple bands. i already have my leather loop ordered.

You would not be able to use it for 2 weeks vs 4 weeks. Don't forget 3rd party bands are available too.

However, I certainly understand your point of view.

Its just a thought. I think having the 2 separate would give Apple more flexibility in fulfilling orders.

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
You would not be able to use it for 2 weeks vs 4 weeks. Don't forget 3rd party bands are available too.

However, I certainly understand your point of view.

Its just a thought. I think having the 2 separate would give Apple more flexibility in fulfilling orders.

perhaps that is actually what is causing confusion because, i imagine the two are being assembled seperate then some bands are being mated to watches and others sold out right. so perhaps trying to prioritize and utilize stock is actually causing some bigger headache since there are so many options.
i feel like they should have offered a sport and watch model with just black silicone band for sport and basic leather for watch and then all the other bands you purchase seperate. make it nice and simple.

because there are really 6 42mm bodies (silver sport, black sport, ss, black steel, then yellow and rose gold.)
and 6 38 mm bodies . So that is 12 different bodies then 10 different silicone bands, 10 different versions of the watch bands and then the gold ones. So there is a lot of variations in the product line that i think is cluttering the whole process of trying to track everything

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
It'd make it lots easier, absolutely, but it would destroy some of the magic. Apple survives on magic.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk