With the release of the larger screen iPhones

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes apple please just give us a file manager even if it is your own and restricted but i want one place to browse all of my documents not just within the app they are in! (also let it view pictures as well)

2nd Multi window is something that needs to happen and it will samsung does it great and even LG has it now but it is not even a baked in feature for android yet which is a huge fail. Even with the restrictions of the multi window apps it is still a great feature that i hope all OSes and devices include soon.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I love when people argue about "true multitasking"

Unless you're ambidextrous and can have your eyes reading both sides of your split screen simultaneously, no one is ever truly multitasking, as in, performing two seperate tasks simultaneously. Even on a desktop with multiple monitors, you are never truly performing two independent tasks simultaneously with any sort of efficiency. Though having multiple monitors/multi window can certainly make some tasks more convenient and faster.

As for multitasking in the OS, meaning the OS allowing apps to run in the background... Yes, iPhones don't have the ram necessary to allow a bunch of apps to continuously run in the background. If you need a bunch of apps to run in the background, then iOS and the iPhone as they currently are, are not for you. The likely coming increase in ram could see this change, but who knows.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I love when people argue about "true multitasking"

Unless you're ambidextrous and can have your eyes reading both sides of your split screen simultaneously, no one is ever truly multitasking, as in, performing two seperate tasks simultaneously. Even on a desktop with multiple monitors, you are never truly performing two independent tasks simultaneously with any sort of efficiency. Though having multiple monitors/multi window can certainly make some tasks more convenient and faster.

As for multitasking in the OS, meaning the OS allowing apps to run in the background... Yes, iPhones don't have the ram necessary to allow a bunch of apps to continuously run in the background. If you need a bunch of apps to run in the background, then iOS and the iPhone as they currently are, are not for you. The likely coming increase in ram could see this change, but who knows.

I totally agree, phones are not like large screen desktop computers or laptops where you can run numerous apps in parallel and you can see them all at the same time. The sub 5 inch screens, even the tablets, barring those Windows Tablets (which don't count), show one app at any given time. It is plenty enough for two eyes on a mobile device. So, no matter how sophisticated the multitasking may be on any given device, you are stuck with one app on your screen anyways.

iOS' multitasking does well on their mobile devices, which is sufficient for me, more than good enough...

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I'll be truly surprised if we ever get some sort of file manager akin to what is available on Android. This is one of the areas where iOS and Android differ significantly. Some sort of app agnostic "document manager" is something I could see happening though.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I get a full day on the network on one charge on both Note 4 and iPhone 6.

Both are insane.

Lumia kills both though. In my experience.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hope Apple can improve its power performance

What does this even mean? "Power Performance"?

As far as battery life...the fact that my iPhone 6 Plus will literally last ALL DAY under moderate to sometimes heavy use...it makes it a perfect device for me. It charges while I sleep, and never leaves me worried about battery longevity during the day.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't think Apple will get to a point where they will push the specs Android phones have, and I think that's perfectly alright.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2