Wireless earbud suggestions?

bennu901

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Looking for wireless earbuds not true wireless, just the regular wireless earbuds
My main concerns: I want them to be just as loud as the wired ones that come with the iPhone, no audio drop issues , mic for phone calls , and not any that have that huge around the ear thing attached like the dre earbuds thanks ps I have the jbl mini reflect ATM and the volume is too low and it drops audio a lot

mmohn01

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
The new Jaybird Freedom are phenomenal! Guaranteed sweat proof for life. I bought some memory foam earbud replacements made by Comply for better fit and sound. You won't regret it.

RHChan84

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Jaybirds are highly recommended. I have never used them but people said they are the best wireless and for the price, it's hard to beat.
I have the PowerBeats that I paid $100 (50% off MSRP) and even at $100, they are not worth it.

-Not comfortable with that ear hook and tips will not be completely sealed when you sweat. Or maybe they need a size between Medium and Large to fit my ears.
-sounds are flat with bass. That's the best way I can describe it. There doesn't seem to be life to the music. At least for a $200 set of headphones. I use Shure SE215 and I love them. Sounds great so when I tried the Beats, it was terrible. If your not focusing on the music and you just need sounds then it's not bad.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I wish I could find some good wireless earbuds in the flat, "classic" style that sit in the opening of the ear. I just can't wear the popular "nipple" style.

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Jaybirds are great. I have the X2's. if you go on YouTube flossy carter just did a review of the x3. It comes with a separate app where you can fine tune the earbuds to ur preferences. The x3 is cheap too. It's around 120.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Beats Powerbeats 2 wireless. They fit awesome, great sound with better bass than any other ones I've tried, including Bose(overall sound better). Jaybirds kept falling out of ear, they only sound good when you have perfect fit.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Beats Powerbeats 2 wireless. They fit awesome, great sound with better bass than any other ones I've tried, including Bose(overall sound better). Jaybirds kept falling out of ear, they only sound good when you have perfect fit.

I have this same experience. I really wanted to like the Jaybirds, but they just would not stay in my ears no matter what combination of buds and wings I used. I had no interest in Beats, but tried the Powerbeats 2 and have not looked back for the last year. I use them everyday in the gym and around the house. Very comfortable and reliable.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
We got a great deal on the Jaybird Freedom presumably because the new competition from Apple, beats and more...

I am rethinking them after:

1. Changing fit.
2. Using their app to adjust tone.

First my wife used them hanging down. I tried them going over the ears and with the cable clips. That made them much more useful and they stay. A number of the presets from their phone app made the tone much better.

The time spent and changes have me knowing they indeed have new competition but the consumer absolutely has diminished returns when you consider the price difference.

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I have many years experience with Bluetooth headphones. I listen to podcasts and music all day while at work. My first pair were the Jbird Freedom, the huge rectangular earbuds. These were absolutely horrible, they had about 3.5 hours of battery life and I never could use them for voice calls. I then bought the Plantronics Back Beats, they had horrible battery life, horrible audio quality and no one could understand me in a voice call. After the Plantronics became unusable I bought the Jbird Freedom X2 earbuds. These had better battery life but I still had to charge them while on my lunch break. The audio quality was lacking and the call quality was also not too good. These Jbird headsets aren't cheap, you're looking at $130 or more, so I would expect a little better performance. After all this time I have found the right Bluetooth earbuds for me, the Samsung Level U Pro. These things are awesome. They are around the neck though,if that bothers you. They have a battery that lasts at least 8.5 hours of constant music and voice calls, voice calls are great BTW. They get LOUD and sound better than the Jbird X2. Did I mention voice calls are awesome, my wife ad everyone else can finally here me! After all these years I'm finally happy with Bluetooth earbuds, and they are only $40 on Amazon. I've also heard really good things about the LG around the necks, but they are more expensive.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I have many years experience with Bluetooth headphones. I listen to podcasts and music all day while at work. My first pair were the Jbird Freedom, the huge rectangular earbuds. These were absolutely horrible, they had about 3.5 hours of battery life and I never could use them for voice calls. I then bought the Plantronics Back Beats, they had horrible battery life, horrible audio quality and no one could understand me in a voice call. After the Plantronics became unusable I bought the Jbird Freedom X2 earbuds. These had better battery life but I still had to charge them while on my lunch break. The audio quality was lacking and the call quality was also not too good. These Jbird headsets aren't cheap, you're looking at $130 or more, so I would expect a little better performance. After all this time I have found the right Bluetooth earbuds for me, the Samsung Level U Pro. These things are awesome. They are around the neck though,if that bothers you. They have a battery that lasts at least 8.5 hours of constant music and voice calls, voice calls are great BTW. They get LOUD and sound better than the Jbird X2. Did I mention voice calls are awesome, my wife ad everyone else can finally here me! After all these years I'm finally happy with Bluetooth earbuds, and they are only $40 on Amazon. I've also heard really good things about the LG around the necks, but they are more expensive.

We got a promotion via email that made the new or current Freedom models a true bargain so I assumed others have it can find that bargain. Its hard to describe how much better they are when adjusted with tha app.

Regardless your post supports my thoughts about diminished returns so my AirPods will have to fit and be REALLY good for my work day when they arrive.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox