Wireless CarPlay adapter

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have experience with one of these aftermarket devices and/or recommend a particular one?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well I only have experience with one brand, but I have 2 devices, one in my car and one on the wife’s car:

https://cplay2air.com/

This was right at the beginning of the wireless CarPlay adapters so o jumped on board early. They were a little more then I was looking to spend but have worked great since purchase. The latest firmware update gives you a little more access to settings, specifically (for me) the ability to set a delay for device star up after starting the car.

While I do recommend this device, it’s not cheap and it’s coming from China so it may take a while to get to you.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Well I only have experience with one brand, but I have 2 devices, one in my car and one on the wife’s car:

https://cplay2air.com/

This was right at the beginning of the wireless CarPlay adapters so o jumped on board early. They were a little more then I was looking to spend but have worked great since purchase. The latest firmware update gives you a little more access to settings, specifically (for me) the ability to set a delay for device star up after starting the car.

While I do recommend this device, it’s not cheap and it’s coming from China so it may take a while to get to you.

Thanks for the recommendation. I’ve seen different brands on Amazon, but was looking for some real world experiences from others. I’ll check this one out.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Unfortunately my recommendation for a wireless car play adapter is either the car itself :). Otherwise a MagSafe mount up high between the steering column and infotainment console.
Obviously I’m in the same boat as you. I have a 2015 that isn’t CarPlay capable ugh. So I connect via BT. The. steering column infotainment does control Apple Music and I use built in calling features for phone calls. What else I do is the phone in that safe position to see as well as Siri for texting (dynamic island is super handy in this scenario when I want to safely switch apps).

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Yes, it must also be noted that the car must already be CarPlay compatible before a wireless adapter will work.

It’s sad we have to even say things like that these days.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it must also be noted that the car must already be CarPlay compatible before a wireless adapter will work.

It’s sad we have to even say things like that these days.

My vehicle (2021 Jeep Wrangler) does have wired Apple CarPlay. I’ve just been considering trying one of the wireless adapters.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
My vehicle (2021 Jeep Wrangler) does have wired Apple CarPlay. I’ve just been considering trying one of the wireless adapters.

I was actually commenting in a Honda forum in a very similar thread when the comment was made that the user purchased a wireless CP adapter but still couldn’t get it to work. Then the OP finally admitted to having a car that didn’t have CarPlay.

<facepalm>

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I was actually commenting in a Honda forum in a very similar thread when the comment was made that the user purchased a wireless CP adapter but still couldn’t get it to work. Then the OP finally admitted to having a car that didn’t have CarPlay.

<facepalm>

Oh….

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

<facepalm>
1F42B768-3E05-408F-8D78-27F7405E94CE.jpeg

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I use one of these. https://carlinkitcarplay.com/

It works well. No noticeable lag. Easy to set up. Connects automatically once initially set up. Small in size. Relatively inexpensive.

Occasionally, it doesn't connect to my iPhone but this is solved by unplugging it and plugging it back it. Not a big deal to me since the built in CarPlay in my F150 occasionally would fail to connect too.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I’ve since purchased one of these and so far so good. Set up was easy and it connects to my phone automatically within seconds of starting my Jeep. I plug into the USB port in my center console and it’s out of sight. No more messy cords .

https://a.co/d/d3JGqUy