Winterboard Crashing Apps

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I posted a thread a couple weeks ago in which I explained that I had issues with certain apps crashing randomly, namely Facebook, Words With Friends, Scramble With Friends, and Rowmote Pro (there may be others, but those are the only ones I use frequently enough to notice).

I restored and rejailbroke, and ultimately found that Winterboard is the sole cause of it (freshly jailbroken, I installed Winterboard and Winterboard only -no themes-, and it immediately crashed those apps).

I've been perusing the interwebz to see if anyone else has had similar issues, and I found that many people are experiencing the issue. I haven't heard anyone talking about it on this forum, so I wanted to post this thread to see if anyone else is having this problem, or of they could try to recreate it. The strange thing is, my wife and I each have an iPhone 5, running 6.1.2, with many of the same apps installed, and most (if not all) of the same Cydia tweaks, and the problem does not occur on her phone.

Anyone else running into issues with Winterboard?

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I posted a thread a couple weeks ago in which I explained that I had issues with certain apps crashing randomly, namely Facebook, Words With Friends, Scramble With Friends, and Rowmote Pro (there may be others, but those are the only ones I use frequently enough to notice).

I restored and rejailbroke, and ultimately found that Winterboard is the sole cause of it (freshly jailbroken, I installed Winterboard and Winterboard only -no themes-, and it immediately crashed those apps).

I've been perusing the interwebz to see if anyone else has had similar issues, and I found that many people are experiencing the issue. I haven't heard anyone talking about it on this forum, so I wanted to post this thread to see if anyone else is having this problem, or of they could try to recreate it. The strange thing is, my wife and I each have an iPhone 5, running 6.1.2, with many of the same apps installed, and most (if not all) of the same Cydia tweaks, and the problem does not occur on her phone.

Anyone else running into issues with Winterboard?

If you restored from an iTunes or iCloud backup, this could be your problem. That's if your Mrs has Winterboard and you don't. I've restored from old backups and had some weird stuff happen on my phone. This isn't always the case for everyone. But I know from my personal experience, that it can. Winterboard is very touchy too. Hope this helps.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
In that case I don't see why you think it's WB, even if your crashes coincided with reinstalling it. I'd look at tweaks/apps that you use that your wife doesn't have, since her phone isn't crashing. Maybe one of those it clashing with WB instead of the issue being WB itself (if at all).

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
All should be well now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362193763.674472.jpg

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Bring it some flowers. Maybe that will help.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
In that case I don't see why you think it's WB, even if your crashes coincided with reinstalling it. I'd look at tweaks/apps that you use that your wife doesn't have, since her phone isn't crashing. Maybe one of those it clashing with WB instead of the issue being WB itself (if at all).

It couldn't be anything BUT Winterboard. It crashed with ONLY Winterboard installed. :-(

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
All should be well now.

View attachment 27753

It appears this update fixed the problem. I just opened my problem apps several times without a single crash! Excited to theme again!

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
At. I am glad Saurik was able to locate and fix the issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro